PDA

View Full Version : Brush's advises for beginners and not only. Submit your experience here!!!

AlexNovo
08-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Well, the reason why i have decided to create this thread its cause most of begginers has problems with what type of brush they have to use on first stage of work, which one on next stage and so on or may be even use one brush during all way of the work process. SO i suggest here for professionals who eat not one dog on this problem and not only proffesionals will share here his experince with brushes. SO just wrote what soft you are using and what kind of brushes you are using for work and submit sample of this work if u not mind for sure.
If you use some bruches during work then just write for which part of work process u using each brush.
I think it will be helpfull for many begginners and not only beginners. And will also help to find self style and self brush for work. I know in many articles and tutors, author sometime write which brush he have used. But its basicly not in all articles and also its hart to build whole database about this problem. And here we will store only info about brush and what work was done using this brushes.
How is idea? :thumbsup:

paperclip
08-11-2005, 08:01 PM
I can't wait for Lunatique to come by and see this thread....

To cut it short, having others' brushes doesn't actually help all that much. You CAN make your own brushes, but knowing how to paint in itself helps more than anything else.... check out the speed threads if you don't believe me. Most of these works use just regular hard and soft brushes....
I'll leave the rest for Rob to explain....

navate
08-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Yeah...fancy brushes are only worth anything if you know how to use them. I've seen incredible work done with only hard-edged brushes, and really bad work done with custom brushes. It's the painter, and how they go about painting that makes a good painting. The brushes are only a tool--and a tool that needs to be aqquired through experimentation and experience. I don't think you can tell people what sort of brushes to use or how to use them. It's very personalized according to each person's style. I really think it's something people need to explore and discover themselves. :] Dissecting the means to painting takes away from the painting experience, in my eyes. Just have fun and see what -you- can do! :D

Lunatique
08-12-2005, 03:33 AM
That's it. I'm going to make a "FAQ" sticky thread. From now on, any frequently asked questions will be answered with a link to the FAQ sticky. (hehe, I'm off the hook now) :D

pushav
08-12-2005, 04:22 AM
Lol. I dont use a hard brush. I use a soft brush instead.

Lunatique
08-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Here ya go: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=229317

AlexNovo
08-12-2005, 10:20 AM
Well, i completly understand that's all in this area based on experince. My thread not for those who thinks if he will be know what brushes to use, then he will be draw cool.
Its just a list with brushes tips and work which was done use this brushes. Just for any artists can see what possible to do with different types of brushes. Just for inspiration not for learning. May be i'm not correct explain it in the first post.

jmBoekestein
08-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Well having said all that, some instruction booklet about using oils won't ever tell you how to use photoshop brushes to a good effect.

And they can be extremely useful, if you know how to set them up correctly and bring their strong points to good use. So, how to use them? Good question... :)

here's an idea, smoetime you'll want to apint a large surface into a more broken up surface, since you can adjust the amount of stamps it applies onto the canvas with a slider, you can make a broken up stamp as described in the 'thread of useful things', so the stamps won't be easily visible and the rendering time for making the colours apear will be much lower. ;)

I'm no pro though, just see the/a purpose to the question.

Zaoldyeck
08-15-2005, 11:12 AM
When I try to use fancy brushes, I usually crap my pants as well as crap on my monitor.

So I usually just stick to those round thingies that came with PS...

jfrancis
08-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Here's what I do:

http://www.digitalartform.com/archives/images/sketchBookPro.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
08-17-2005, 05:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.