PDA

View Full Version : dragon shading problem

Night Hawk
08-11-2005, 10:06 AM
hi, i have been modeling in a dragon which was converted from Nurbs to Polygons but i suddenly found that my dragon is some kind of one shaded model, and this also happens with the (plane) ploygon shape, i need to know what's wrong.

Note: I should have posted that thread on the shading and texturing topics but sorry it was a mistake :)

Thanks in advance.

blackwood
08-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Looks to me like your polygons have been flipped. Not a shading problem.
I dont know how to do this in Maya, but do a search in help for 'flip polygon' and do it to your entire model.

Ctrl+a - flip

But if it still isnt right, look for a 'unify' option.

- Jock

Night Hawk
08-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Looks to me like your polygons have been flipped. Not a shading problem.
I dont know how to do this in Maya, but do a search in help for 'flip polygon' and do it to your entire model.

Ctrl+a - flip

But if it still isnt right, look for a 'unify' option.

- Jockflip doesnt seem to work, i dont know about unify but i worked on the normals it worked but on one side of the face only, any other ideas?

bahman
08-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Maybe your object has been shaded opposite.

Go to render state of your mesh shape node and check the box that says "double side".

Night Hawk
08-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Maybe your object has been shaded opposite.

Go to render state of your mesh shape node and check the box that says "double side".thx very much i found it at last ;), thx again :D

CGTalk Moderation
08-11-2005, 06:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.