PDA

View Full Version : Cherry blossom girl

Lissar
08-11-2005, 08:12 AM
Here's somthing I started working on tonight (... because I'm avoiding writing a 12 page paper. But I just got my Intuos 3 9x12 tablet today, so you guys can understand!) Anyway, I thought I'd post the sketch here and see if anyone has any comments or suggestions even though it's still really early in the piece. The girl I'll probably moving into the corner, with part of the side and lower section cropped, and then there will be a background of cherry trees (most likely in daylight, but we'll see how it goes.)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/Nyx_xxx/sakura.jpg

AirbORn
08-11-2005, 01:28 PM
looks cool so far. Did you get the title from the song by AIR? :)

Lissar
08-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Actually, I've never heard of them! What do they sound like? (I'm always on the look out for interesting new music...)
The title was just something I threw up there to post, so kind of the working title... probably will change in the final piece though.

umbrellasky
08-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Realy nice so far! I like the pose and expression, nice work!

JamesMarshall
08-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Here's the video for the song Cherry Blossom Girl by AIR:

WARNING: NOT WORK SAFE

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2537164

WARNING: NOT WORK SAFE

-James

Squibbit
08-11-2005, 09:35 PM
maybe her wrists look a bit big and she like gets bigger
towarsd the head, but i dunno, my eyes are blurry

Lissar
08-12-2005, 04:32 AM
Hey thanks!

Yeah, I noticed bottom portion being a bit small too. I'm going to fix that... mostly by some cropping, but probably changing a few other things around. I didn't notice the wrists though, so thanks for pointing that out!

Um... hmm... that Air group is... interesting. Not quite the image I want for this picture though, perhaps I will change the title!

PerfectBlue
08-12-2005, 04:44 AM
I dislike the positioning of the face. Its a perfect side profile.. which is rather unnatural. I would suggest adjusting it so she is not looking directly to the right, but on an angle.

Lissar
08-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Thank you for pointing that out! I've already started inking the face... but I'll try to make some adjustments. I'm not quite sure how it would look if I did that though... but I'll give it my best shot!

Pylon
08-12-2005, 07:44 PM
I personally like her hips and knees being so small. Of course you may need to make a few other changes so that the rest of her body fits those proportions, but the tiny hips and legs make her appear much more... hmm.... stylized, cute, and more specific to that pose.

Lissar
08-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Hmm... but I'm going less for "cute" and more for "elegant". So I think I'll be changing that part at least. From the beginning I knew I wanted to crop the image, so it would have been like that anyway...

I'll post an update on it tonight! (When I'll finally have time to do more than write papers...)

LoTekK
08-12-2005, 09:15 PM
I really like the style you've got there. Elegant definitely comes to mind, no worries there. However, her shoulders are pretty broad, compared to the rest of her torso. Also, something about her left arm is bugging me. I can't put a finger on it, though. Maybe it's a bit long. Actually, it may just be that the width of the shoulders is throwing the proportions off.

Looking forward to that update! :)

Lissar
08-13-2005, 06:48 AM
I've corrected some of it. I think the smaller lower portion was what caused everything else to look out of balance. Does anyone think it is still too small? I tried thinning the wrists up some, but I don't know if I really changed that much... (I noticed that her right hand (on the left side of the picture) is rather in an awkward position, but I'll be cropping that part off, so I don't think it makes that much of a difference right now.)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/Nyx_xxx/sakura2.jpg

I tried to figure out how to put the face in a more "natural" pose, but I didn't like anything I came up with. Anyway, here is a detail of the inked face:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/Nyx_xxx/sakuradetail1.jpg

I still like it... though I think I might round the jaw a bit more. I'm thinking it's a bit too sharp for what I'm going for...

Any more suggestions for what I have so far?

Pylon
08-15-2005, 06:06 AM
I think the sharp jaw adds alot of character. It makes it all a little more unique, while not detracting fromt he elegance.

r.

Erikoinen
08-15-2005, 07:08 AM
Only four fingers on her left hand? :)
And the hand looks darn big overall.
But this looks cool and promising except the hand :p

CGTalk Moderation
08-15-2005, 07:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.