PDA

View Full Version : Particle Emitter or not...

Bonzodogboy
08-11-2005, 06:26 AM
Hello all you fellow 'wavers...
I was wondering if any of you could help me with a small query...
I want to create an emitter that would spit out Disks.
so I have created a disk in Modeller, \
and my theory was that I could then create a null or emitter and tell it to "emit" several disks randomly over time.
ANy ideas?
I have been through the dynamics menu, and it doesnt seem to have anything there where I could replace the nulls being emitted with my object.
Am I barking up the wrong tree?
:?

JohnMarchant
08-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Its been a bit of time now since i did this. You create an emitter in Layout then use (I Think) FX linker to exchange the particles for your disk object. Be aware to make the particles do what you need before you use linker. Maybe this will help.

Regards, John

BeeVee
08-11-2005, 07:55 AM
...or more simply you can just emit Partigons rather than HVs from an emitter, as long as your disc is a simple circle...

B

Bonzodogboy
08-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi guys, thanks for your responses.
John - its working a treat, I knew I was on the right path... Just looking in the wrong places.
and BeeVee, sorry mate, I set up a partigon emitter, but it is giving me the same menu as the HV emitter... I am guessing that I am missing something. Thanks to you both again
:)

Bonzodogboy
08-12-2005, 01:15 AM
Ok, any suggestions as to why my disks can be seen emitting in the preview in LW, but when I try to render, the disks are not rendered.
I have tried to load the LW Hypervoxels plugin but it tells me I have the wrong version.
ie: >3 wrong version

I found em.
they flew away, far away... like out in space...
but i found them... and then made em play nice...
I learned something new (heheheh)
:)

CGTalk Moderation
08-12-2005, 01:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.