PDA

View Full Version : weight maps and bones

claws_33
08-10-2005, 09:56 PM
I've been following this pretty good tutorial (from Digiwonk.com) but instead of assigning the weight maps in modeler he created the bones and then went back. that's okay i guess, but he didn't say how to get the maps into an already saved scene:-/ Any help in this would be great>_<

T4D
08-10-2005, 11:16 PM
I do it that way,:)
I rig the character first without weight maps and add them as need

now once you add a weight map save the the file and goto layout and it's there ( the Hub hopyfully worked :D)!!

just select a bone goto bone panel and click the weight map tab and there's your weight maps :thumbsup:

claws_33
08-10-2005, 11:17 PM
:sad: . . .i think the hub didn't work :-/

oh great and i messed up something else too...while i was trying to fix some part i accidentally made 2 copies of the skeleton...how can i get rid of two? >_<

this just ain't my day

T4D
08-10-2005, 11:38 PM
:sad: . . .i think the hub didn't work :-/

oh great and i messed up something else too...while i was trying to fix some part i accidentally made 2 copies of the skeleton...how can i get rid of two? >_<

this just ain't my day

saving the object in modeler should do the trick if not just uses the replace and load up the latest version of your model.

Double Skelegons that does suck :sad:

try skelegon editor ( it's abit buggy but should do the job to clean up the doubles )

claws_33
08-10-2005, 11:56 PM
mm thanks yes that did work. i guess i had actually made the weight maps in a different file. thanks for the help

claws_33
08-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Skelegon editor keeps crashing when i open it, but only with my dragon. is there a certain amount or polys/skelegons it can handle?
edit: i deleted some of the polygons and it was able to open..but that's not really an ideal situation :-/

T4D
08-11-2005, 12:24 AM
it's pretty buggy :rolleyes:

just delete the double bones and redraw them alittle away from where they need to be, then weld the points of the new bone into position.

claws_33
08-11-2005, 12:35 AM
okay..i took the skelegons and put them in their own nice little file and it Skelegon editor Still won't open! ::Growl:: it hates me. can it maybe not handle 264 skelegons? and thanks alot for trying to help me. ^_^

telamon
08-11-2005, 12:55 AM
For some ignored reason Skelegon Editor is less buggy with 8.3. I could tweak bones during 10 minutes without any crash today.

claws_33
08-11-2005, 01:00 AM
ahh..i think i do know what is wrong. it seems to crash when i try to do 4 skelegons that are attached at 1 point. omgwtf! it wont do ONE (and 2 copies) polygon so it makes me go through all that Trouble?? bloody program! ::smack:: lucky telamon:-p

final edit/post: after however long i was doing this...i realized what was REALLY the problem. i don't know why, but 3 of those pointsized skelegons that you never want but seem to pop up made it crash. haha..hahaHA ..HAHAAHA (ie. went crazy)

T4D
08-11-2005, 05:01 AM
statistics panel saved the day then:applause:

good to hear :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
08-11-2005, 05:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.