PDA

View Full Version : Again..Help ZBrush to lightwave UV textures

phamarus
08-10-2005, 09:27 PM
argh..almost giving up.. uv textures from Zbrush to lightwave..how hard can it be?

I have looked in simular threads..but haventīt seen a proper tutorial or how to do it for this subject..

I tried steve warners litle tut on z-brush to lightwave,but excluded the morph target steps,since I was primary after the texturing...but that didnīt work..

the steps were
imported the object as a tool
created a texture at 1071 x1071
did apply color to texture
pressed the guv uv option
fixed seams
exported the object...as obj

Now I have heard something about flipping the texture..Or UV? maybe thats all it needs?
so can that be done in Zbrush or should it be done in lightwave,photoshop?

Pretty much a beginner when it comes to uv ..so I would be grateful for any help out there
..And yes I Have checked some of the threads ..but havenīt figured it out still.

Maybe Zwave is the simplest way?

Thanks to those who can help.

Phamarus

enochian
08-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Defiantly have to flip the UV in zbrush here is a link to a very good tutorial.

http://www.stevewarner.com/Tutorials/zBrush/zBrushTut.html

phamarus
08-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Thankīs Enochian..that was it..
opened up photoshop and just flipped the texture verticaly..and that did it,so it all worked out fine.

I missed that section in steve warners tutorials because I didnīt follow it through to the end..
since I wasnīt intrested in the normal maps and displacement (for now)

in order to prevent to open a third application.like Photoshop...I tried to flip it in Zbrush but that gave me not so good results..havenīt checked it up properly thou..

would be nice if we could have zbrush opened and paint...then just switch to lightwave
with fprime turned on....and a texture updater..with an option to flip textures.

Anyway it works now...would be nice with a more smooth pipeline switching for fast working thou.

Phamarus

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2005, 11:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.