PDA

View Full Version : NEW CG WORKSHOP - Artistic Anatomy with Rebecca Kimmel

Rebeccak
08-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Hiya Guys/Gals,

I will be teaching a CGWorkshop (http://workshops.cgsociety.org/) soon whose subject is Artistic Anatomy. I wanted to find out how many of you would be interested, and when you think the best time would be to run it. I would like to start the CGWorkshop in maybe 5 weeks or so, but, considering that many of you are, like me, in school, I wanted to know when might be the most convenient time for the majority of people. Bear in mind that the course can run from 5-8 weeks in duration.

If you are interested in this CGWorkshop on Artistic Anatomy, please reply to this thread and give me a time frame for when you could participate. Bear in mind I can't please everyone, but I will do my best to schedule the CGWorkshop around the majority of peoples' schedules.

Thanks in advance for your posts! And I hope many of you can participate! :)

*PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CGWORKSHOPS COST AROUND $349-$399*

~Rebeccak

monkwan
08-10-2005, 01:57 PM
I started drawing recently. I am learning and making slow progress everyday by drawing my son in paper. I think proper lessons will make me improve faster.

Count me in please, I basically draw 2 - 3 pieces everyday. and do some gesture drawings constantly.

I was thinking about going to Draw with Right Brain in Brian's class in NY. too expensive. then consider School of visual art in NYC. then it takes 5 business day. I can't go cause I gotta work.
So, this should be helpful to me.

I prefer this in digital media tho. I am flexiable with the schedule.

anyways. thanks!!

Rebeccak
08-10-2005, 02:34 PM
monkwan,

Awesome, thank you! Be advised that the CGWorkshops (http://workshops.cgsociety.org/) do cost around $350-$399, so they are not free as are the Lesson threads on this forum. I hope that this is affordable for folks, and believe me, I am not doing it for the money as much as for the experience.

Due to the time it will take me to prepare and conduct the CGWorkshop, Lesson 003 may be the last free Lesson thread, at least for the time being. I am working hard to come up with other means by which to keep folks interested in the Anatomy forum and to encourage them to continue to post their fabulous work. I do not want people to get the wrong impression and think that I am selling them out. I immensely enjoy teaching, and hope to do more free Lessons in the future, but for the time being I need to focus my energies on the CGWorkshop/s as I will have to do a lot of preparation for it / them. I will definitely have a major hand in the Anatomy forum while the CGWorkshop is being conducted, but I probably won't be able to post new Lessons during that time.

Hope you will still be able to join us, as I think it will be a lot of fun, and I think we will all learn a great deal from the experience. :)

~Rebeccak

NOOB!
08-10-2005, 06:57 PM
:sad: i don't have that kinda money...oh well good luck RK.

Rebeccak
08-10-2005, 07:06 PM
NOOB,

Frankly, I don't either, I'm borrowing $$$ for school, isn't that ironic? :scream: No worries, I am trying to provide several uninstructed outlets for creative figurative art on this forum, so I really hope you will participate in things like the newly opened NOW OPEN!!! Open Figure Drawing Workshop with Hong Ly and Rebecca Kimmel (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=266229) and other threads! :)

Hope to see you more on the forum, NOOB! :)

~Rebeccak

NOOB!
08-10-2005, 07:12 PM
*sniff* but stuff u pay for is always better.....

damn u all! with ur riches!!

Rebeccak
08-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Hahahaha! NOOB, yes, it's tough to brush one's teeth with champagne and have trouble deciding between the Mercedes and the Rolls in the morning, but I do try hard to adapt! If you start to post more of your work *hint hint hint* I'll critique it...deal? *Prays to the Goddess Post-ima please make NOOB post his work!* :)

~Rebeccak

default-rol
08-10-2005, 07:47 PM
If I can afford it - I will do it (- no guarantees as yet I'm afraid.) Pencil me in please... :)

MIKE

Rebeccak
08-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Pencilled!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/rebeccak4/Random/pencil.jpg

:scream:

default-rol
08-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Oh she's a comic that one...

If I sign do I get $50 discount for the Rubens painting btw...? :p

Rebeccak
08-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Mmm...is it finished? :D

*evil thumb twiddle here* :scream:

~Rebecca

default-rol
08-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Mmm...is it finished? :D

*evil thumb twiddle here* :scream:

~Rebecca

It could be in 5 weeks... ;)

Rebeccak
08-11-2005, 02:26 AM
default.rol was asking me about what would be covered in the CGWorkshop on Artistic Anatomy, so here is a little preview of what's to be involved: :)

Here is a preview of the topics which we will cover in the CGWorkshop on Artistic Anatomy:

Skeletal Structure: Head and Neck
Skeletal Structure: Rib Cage and Pelvis
Skeletal Structure: Arms and Legs
Skeletal Structure: Hands and Feet
Muscular Structure: Head and Neck
Muscular Structure: Rib Cage and Pelvis
Muscular Structure: Arms and Hands
Muscular Structure: Legs and Feet

Here is a sample of the course description for Week One:

In Week One we will explore the skeletal structure of the head and neck, discussing both specific anatomical features, and methods and tips for their generalization when traditionally or digitally drawing or painting these aspects of the human figure.

Students will be asked to create their own anatomical plates which will be built upon in subsequent weeks as muscular structure and surface features are added to the initial skeletal drawings / paintings...

Hope this helps. :)

~Rebeccak

Ego
08-12-2005, 05:13 AM
:( bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa: am already trying to save up for Stahlberg's class next year then followed by Leigh's Texturing class.

Rebeccak
08-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Queensoul,

Lol! I understand, trust me, if I had all the money in the world I would have my butt in a top-notch institution right now ;) I'm just a sucker for learning, and would like to be a perpetual student. :) Unfortunately, there's more in the world than I can afford, so I just kind of drool a bit every now and then over something that looks cool, we all do the same! :)

~Rebeccak

Ego
08-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Queensoul,

..I'm just a sucker for learning, and would like to be a perpetual student. :) Unfortunately, there's more in the world than I can afford, so I just kind of drool a bit every now and then over something that looks cool, we all do the same! :)

~Rebeccak
Yep, me too. Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is a hobby. My husband claims its a very expensive hobby ;) Though he is supportive of all my 'whim' artsy purchases. :P
Luckily these classes are not a 'just once' thing. So there's always other chances. Am just so happy they introduced these workshops.

Rebeccak
08-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Queensoul,

Yep, me too! I think they really have a vision for CGWorkshops, so I am just thrilled and honored to be a part of them at the outset. I definitely hope to conduct future CGWorkshops, so hurray for second chances! :)

I hope you will be able to participate in one. It should be a lot of fun, and I'm sure to learn just loads from it, too. :)

Thanks for your enthusiasm and interest! :)

~Rebeccak

Rebeccak
08-15-2005, 02:00 PM
I probably should have posted these earlier, but here are a few examples of my work:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/rebeccak4/CG_Talk_Anatomy_Workshop/01.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/rebeccak4/CG_Talk_Anatomy_Workshop/02.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/rebeccak4/CG_Talk_Anatomy_Workshop/03.jpg

~Rebeccak

pushav
08-15-2005, 11:24 PM
wow 400 bucks. unfourtunately i just got done paying up for another semester at school.
College is robbing me.:shrug:

Niyana
08-26-2005, 05:42 AM
Opp...I was just going to post on this thread and tell ya to put me down for the course. :} Yay

Niyana

captain chapo
08-26-2005, 08:15 AM
yeh this sounds awesome, i definitely need the help...just hope i still have $400 bucks to my name in 5 weeks:D

Rebeccak
08-26-2005, 09:34 AM
Niyana,

Thanks! Your interest is much appreciated! :)

captain chapo,

Lol, I totally understand. Thanks for your post! I hope you will join in. :)

~Rebeccak

RO
08-26-2005, 02:09 PM
Just wanted to say congrats for this and keep helping out like you do :)

Rebeccak
08-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Desp#2/Rog,

Thank you so much!! :) It's been a real pleasure to see the great work that's being done here, including yours! Hope you will find time to participate in some of the Open Figure Drawing Workshops ~ we're on #2! (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=269454&page=1&pp=15) :)

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

Sagii
09-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Rebeccak- awesome girl congradulations on the class... I just looked and the class is full! So cheers to you!

I saw her teaching a anatomy class once and OMG this girl is good.. lol.. we all had models to work from.. and then when the models left she kept explaining things and drew perfect anatomy WITHOUT the models.... put my drawings to shame :)

congrats everyone that got into the class you are in for a treat :)

smackbringer
10-05-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm so sad to have missed the class. I just came back from Thailand and Japan and bought my wife a new car so my bank account is completely drained AND I'm working on a commision for a new movie so theres just no way I can this time around. Rebecca, I hope you will be teaching these in the future as I am bound and determined to catch you the next time you teach the class. If you have a list of interested people, please put me on it and let me know the next time.

Rebeccak
10-05-2005, 02:53 PM
smackbringer,

You're a sweetheart, and I do hope to repeat the course, should the CGWorkshop gods be willing. :)

Good luck with your commission, and hopefully we will see you at at local meeting! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2005, 02:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.