PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's Castle (Disneyland castle) Plans

soccerrprp
08-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Greetings,

So, I am both excited and a little daunted by my next project. But, I believe that I have enough know-how to tackle it. I am planning to model Cinderella's Castle, the castle in the Magic Kingdom, using C4D. I'm sure that someone has already done this, but this will be a defining test for me to fully utilize the skills that I have acquired in the last 3-months.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get reference images of the castle? I especially would be happy to get the blue-prints/lay-out drawings of the castle.

Thanks all!

Kirl
08-10-2005, 12:43 PM
http://www.partsace.com/images/goodcastle.jpg

Do a search in any of the searchengines as well. :)

dann_stubbs
08-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Greetings,

So, I am both excited and a little daunted by my next project. But, I believe that I have enough know-how to tackle it. I am planning to model Cinderella's Castle, the castle in the Magic Kingdom, using C4D. I'm sure that someone has already done this, but this will be a defining test for me to fully utilize the skills that I have acquired in the last 3-months.

Does anyone have any idea where I can get reference images of the castle? I especially would be happy to get the blue-prints/lay-out drawings of the castle.

Thanks all!

Cinderella's castle is at Disney World (which is at the Magic Kingdom here in FL)

Sleeping Beauty's castle is at DisneyLand

your subject line is contradicting : )

i've actually thought about doing this myself, but just never have the time. i did at one time get some good pictures of it for reference as well as i have a limited edition sculpt (about two foot square) of the castle if i ever get a chance to...

dann

soccerrprp
08-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Cinderella's castle is at Disney World (which is at the Magic Kingdom here in FL)

Sleeping Beauty's castle is at DisneyLand

your subject line is contradicting : )

i've actually thought about doing this myself, but just never have the time. i did at one time get some good pictures of it for reference as well as i have a limited edition sculpt (about two foot square) of the castle if i ever get a chance to...

dann

You're right!:)

soccerrprp
08-10-2005, 01:10 PM
http://www.partsace.com/images/goodcastle.jpg

Do a search in any of the searchengines as well. :)

Holy moly Kirl!

Thanks! Is this the blueprint for the Cinderellas's castle?! Any chance that this site may have an aerial view of the castle?

alanmac
08-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Remember this is based on make believe so you can in fact do what you want so long as you get the look and feel right.

It's not as if its Edinburgh Castle which actually exists as a real castle. I know both have been built by Disney but it was still based on somebodys idea or concept of what it should look like.

Under the cricumstance artistic license would be quite acceptable, unless you are doing it for Disney, but of course in that case they'd give you the plans etc.

Good luck.

Erik Heyninck
08-10-2005, 05:11 PM
You may also want to do a search on Neuschwanstein, one of the castles that was built for Ludwig II von Bayern, the king who prefered beauty to arms and was suicided for that.
I have always been told that Disney got his inspiration over there.
Just type Neuschwanstein into google and click images.

Finster
08-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Someone here did a Neuschwanstein castle a while back. Scroll down a bit, the WIP started as a car, hehe. Link posted for reference.

Neuschwanstein WIP thread (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=156707&highlight=Neuschwanstein)

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2005, 05:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.