PDA

View Full Version : Modeling Demo Reel

Levitateme
08-10-2005, 04:49 AM
http://www.chemicaldust.com/critiques/CollageBeauty.jpg EDIT:
My friend ZHX is trying to mirror this, he has 30 gigs left for this month, if anyone can help mirror from this; i would be SO greatful.

Demo-Reel (http://www.zhxhome.net/REEL2005.mov)

Dom has 15 gigs left for this month, so once again, if anyone could try to help me mirror these, be very very grateful

Demo-Reel (http://www.dominicqwek.com/REEL2005.mov)

http://www.zhxhome.net/CollageBeauty.jpg

http://www.zhxhome.net/CollageWire.jpg

Hello.
My name is Tim Lyttle and I finished my Modeling Demo-Reel a few months ago; but I never posted.
I am looking for a job as a high res modeler. I use Maya, XSI, Zbrush and Adobe Photoshop.

http://www.chemicaldust.com/levi/
My website has current work in progress, 3d Image Gallery, 2d Images Gallery and any info you may need about me.

Please feel free to get a hold of me at:
Tim Lyttle
USA
307-277-1557
(Levitateme@chemicaldust.com)Levitateme@chemicaldust.com

Demo-Reel
QuickTime 640x480 57MB

Demo-Reel (http://www.chemicaldust.com/critiques/REEL2005.mov)- Exceeded Bandwidth

Thanks to my friend Clay for mirroring this.
Demo-Reel (http://claytonosmus.com/temp/REEL2005.mov)- Exceeded Bandwidth

cgclay
08-10-2005, 04:58 AM
It's about time you posted this Tim. That image is a little decieving though because that MIB guy and the minotaur are not in your reel, jerk! The reel is one of the best I have seen though, and you were able to pack tons of great work in it, I don't think you'll have any trouble at all finding a job. Definitely front page stuff

dominicqwek
08-10-2005, 07:30 AM
Finally Tim. It's looking great, you should post some images of the carlos huante creature, that model really rocked. My favourite model in your reel is still the man bat. cool stuff dude. I'm sure you won't have any problem getting a job.

kitokyungsoon
08-10-2005, 11:00 AM
funny, the website you talk so much thrash about is the same one you need now for employ, hehe still good works! texturing could be improved

SergeAstahov
08-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Great stuff Levitateme!

Though i didn't like minotaur with human's face that much and i kind of felt that it was a bit unproportional (it could be a tad longer).
And actually clay` is right about the image you posted, because you don't have those two characters in your reel, so you could put your female characters instead.
Anyway great stuff and good luck with job hunting.

KolbyJukes
08-10-2005, 03:43 PM
Great reel Tim! About time you posted it up, I hope you find a job that you like :)

Awesome editing, and your presentation is perfect, only a couple rotations so you leave the viewer wanting to see more of each model.

webhead
08-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Some nice modeling here. I like the concept of the spider/woman, but feel the way she was attached to the spider body looked a bit awkward and top heavy --like she would have trouble keeping her balance when the spider legs moved. Also, Kate Beckinsale's legs are too short. Still, minor crits aside, I really like your work! :thumbsup:

PBlades
08-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey Tim, it's about time you released this monstrosity to the world...
Post some images of those two models you missed out, they're both great.
Good luck in finding a job

andrewley
08-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Congrats on getting it done Levi. You obviously put a ton of work into this.

Good luck finding a job!

Teyon
08-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Excellent work. The toon at the end through me off for a sec but the modeling is top notch and timing of the reel is top notch.

Heber
08-11-2005, 12:19 PM
cool reel, i liked the manbat and urukhai , was there any sss on that bat?
also never seen anyone use cell shading in a modeling reel but it worked really well , good luck with the search.

DaddyMack
08-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Stunning and diverse work Levi! I love the simple flow in most of your face meshes... Congrats on a sweet reel man:thumbsup:

mdurwin
08-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Nice work. But, you may want to post a smaller version of your reel. I'm sure you'd hate to lose out on a job opportunity because the creative director couldn't wait for a 57MB movie to download. Try creating a Flash movie, it'll be a fraction of the file size but at 640x480 you'd still be able to show off your detail. Or, make a 320x240 version for online and post larger images. Just a suggestion.

elnady
08-11-2005, 01:28 PM
Really cool stuff

thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

azazel
08-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Actually i don't like the presentation that much - especially the light seems to be flat and it takes away from the models. They look great as a wireframes, but textured renders could be better. Probably adding more directional light, and maybe some colored back/rim light would help to make them 'pop' more.

kcfang
08-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Cool stuff, especially liked the Manbat. Your texturing is strong.

thedaemon
08-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Great man, glad you decided to post on cgtalk.

KolbyJukes
08-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Congrats on the front page Tim, well deserved :beer:

Rebeccak
08-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Great stuff! I like the Beserker and the veins in the wings of the Manbat particularly. :thumbsup:
Hmm, the anatomy is strong in this one... :)

~Rebeccak

loocas
08-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Nice models man, clean and detailed... :thumbsup:

Good luck with job-hunting :thumbsup:

Oh, btw:http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/rating/rating_4.gif from me :applause:

rickycox
08-11-2005, 02:57 PM
mmm top shelf stuff

Julez4001
08-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Tim Lyttle
Which parts are Maya and whats XSI?

rasmusW
08-11-2005, 03:27 PM
hey tim!
-awesome reel. great charaters (-bat-man and the "ladybug" where my favorites), nice clean topology and great poses. -what more could you ask for:)...

happy hunting

baaah888
08-11-2005, 04:01 PM
bandwidth exceeded, which is no surprise as this has made front page, makes me want to see it more now :S

edit: just seen the mirror :)

Neil
08-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Just a headsup to everyone that posts demoreels, try to get the size down as much as possible. Else you're killing your bandwidth, then nobody can see it. Your mirror is still working, but I dunno for how much longer.

Neil
08-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Oh yeah, and you could probably get rid of the audio track to get the file size down more. Not really necessary for a modeling reel.

Heber
08-11-2005, 04:29 PM
i dont see how compressed audio adds much of a filesize to a reel, probably 2-3 megs... :rolleyes:

Raul-Reznek
08-11-2005, 04:44 PM
great stuff levi

congrats! :D

Remi
08-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Love the female spider....great feel to her....everything else was good too!!! Nice reel man.

digitalputty
08-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Your modeling skills are quite nice. I really like the wire frame presentation. Nicely lit ... and, easy to see what you have created. The characters presented with texturing... Im not so sure about. It is hard to see what is going on - too dark. Perhaps add more light and/or instead of a black background use a gray or perhaps white. The black is too dark.

Great modeling!

Goon
08-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Great work!

maybe its just my monitor, but every single rendered turnaround was extremely dark. so much so, that most of the character was lost to the background. I think it would help a great deal to not use a pitch black bg, so we can clearly see the silhuoette of the characters.

snwbrdn7
08-11-2005, 05:06 PM
I don't like these kind of creatures so I'm glad your out there to model them. Excellent work and once again, SCARY!:eek:

fabionguzman
08-11-2005, 05:26 PM
great models, i agree with the background being to dark but the wireframes show that your skills are very amazing, good luck finding a job

dansgarbage
08-11-2005, 05:37 PM
I can't watch it. the bandwith has been exceeded

zaidoigres
08-11-2005, 05:44 PM
"Bandwith has been exceeded" too.

zsurM
08-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Very nice work. Only seen part of it cause still waiting for the rest to load, but looks great.

I do agree however the black background with the renders should be changed to a gradient of grey to black in order to see the model more. You have great work, but it gets lost in the black.

Good luck with the job hunt!

BillSpradlin
08-11-2005, 06:09 PM
I agree the textured versions are too dark. I'm on a calibrated monitor and they are very dark, too dark to see clearly in fact.

Honest critique: The modeling on the reel is very simple, the topology could be cleaned up a bit and there really isn't a whole lot going on with most of the characters, from a modeling standpoint. The faces are all very simple and not very defined, leaving very little character. The clothing is also very simple and could use more detail. Overall, the modeling is about average.

The texturing is what really makes a difference, and that's a good thing. But again, more detail in the textures and attention to materials is needed. A lot of it looks low res, almost high res game quality.

I think it's a good start, but there is a lot of work needed to get you where you should be.

caioss
08-11-2005, 06:36 PM
hey tim!how you doing?

man, greaaat reel you have there!!!
congratulations!

see ya
caio sorrentino

Neil
08-11-2005, 07:38 PM
i dont see how compressed audio adds much of a filesize to a reel, probably 2-3 megs... :rolleyes:

Dude every bit helps. Thats just 1 way to get file size lower.

K. Scott Gant
08-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Nice work. Couple of things though.

If you're going for work as a modeler, dump all the shaded scenes and just show the wireframe turntable stuff as that what you're selling...your modeling skills. The wires are also bright and clean and show much more of the models than the dark, murky shaded ones.

Also, the music cuts out in the middle...try to keep it going. If you're going to send this out make sure you follow the companies guidelines in the submission. Don't just send out your resume with a link to that video on the net.

I'm sure you know all this but it bears repeating. Otherwise this is top-notch stuff and I'm sure you'll be snagged up as a modeler!

barcode
08-11-2005, 08:59 PM
can't look at the site - bandwidth exceeded!

BurrowingDuck
08-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Great over all but I would have left out the rat guy at the end. It wasn't even close to the quality of the other models IMO. At least I think it shouldn't have been the last model. The Spider lady was fantastic

onlooker
08-11-2005, 11:24 PM
can't look at the site - bandwidth exceeded!

Same problem here.

timothyjpalmer
08-11-2005, 11:30 PM
[/url]
Thanks to my friend Clay for mirroring this.
[url="http://claytonosmus.com/temp/REEL2005.mov"]Demo-Reel (http://www.chemicaldust.com/critiques/REEL2005.mov)

:thumbsup:

silentsamurai
08-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Very good. Very good. Thanks for the inspiration.

I personally like the shaded models. But you're going to have to go with what a company is going to want to see. However, if you use the shaded models, I would add more light, so you can see some of the characters more clearly. It's really hard to see some of them, they are too dark.

oxyg3n
08-12-2005, 12:12 AM
Nice reel, The creepy characters really made it a cohesive piece!

PhilOsirus
08-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Wow for once I can mention something others have not! On both characters that had hair (Manbat and the woman), you didn't paint actual hair on the texture itself. You should texture some hair on the texture itself, especially for the woman's head. Right now we could see on the closeups of the manbat the hair sticking out of the skin itself, we shouldn't be able to see that with hair painted on the texture as well. As for the girl we can see her head under he hair as well.

Otherwise, great modeling real!

RavenEye
08-12-2005, 12:28 AM
You have great models there on your reel. There are a few things that did bother me. Nothing to do with the models but the length of the reel. Even though they were nice to look at but I found myself getting bored towards the end. Granted modeling reels aren't too exciting too look at but you could probably shed off some time. Since it is a modeling reel not a texturing reel, you could cut the texture spinner in half. Not going to mention the background, just don't use white then it will be to bright. Other than that awesome models there.

Jinian
08-12-2005, 01:47 AM
I agree the textured versions are too dark. I'm on a calibrated monitor and they are very dark, too dark to see clearly in fact.

Honest critique: The modeling on the reel is very simple, the topology could be cleaned up a bit and there really isn't a whole lot going on with most of the characters, from a modeling standpoint. The faces are all very simple and not very defined, leaving very little character. The clothing is also very simple and could use more detail. Overall, the modeling is about average.

The texturing is what really makes a difference, and that's a good thing. But again, more detail in the textures and attention to materials is needed. A lot of it looks low res, almost high res game quality.

I think it's a good start, but there is a lot of work needed to get you where you should be.

I agree to everything Bill has said. In addition, i think that a lot of your detail on your models gets washed out by the texture and lighting. Seeing the wireframes, i see that you have a lot more detail to show than what was in the rendered version. At the same time, i don't see anything that you have taken advantage of using zbrush. All the models seem like they could just be modeled in a traditional 3d package. To give my advice, i think your reel is too long and i suggest you cut it down to about 3 of your best models and improve on them given the critiques. Always go for quality over quantity. Good luck.

beelow
08-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Nice Demo, Tim! I would like to see some animation on those models, but great job on modeling and good luck finding a job, holla!:thumbsup:

goodmesh
08-12-2005, 09:20 AM
Congratulations Tim! U've got an awesome reel and a lot of work there. Good luck in job hunt

TheExec
08-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Amazing Reel, I especially like the character you did with toon shading.. excellent job! Hope to see more work from you in the future.

Big R

JohnnyAlucarD
08-12-2005, 11:17 AM

Hmmm interesting comments. It's comments like this that make me wary of forums. Bill are you being constructive or unecessarily critical? I have looked at the reel (and at many others) and wasn't quite sure what you meant. Obviously it isn't my work....can you define "faces are simple" etc? I mean I want to (when I graduate) be a modeller and so was looking at this reel - and I have to say that I thought it was rather good (maybe a little dark) but certainly no worse than many of the other reels that fit the category I would define as good. "Good" meaning work I would be proud of.
I can't find the weaknesses you mention - which I guess I find worrying - I mean I am training for a career doing exactly what this guy wants (and in my opinion does very well) - so where does that then leave me? I am about to begin final production on my reel - and it's reels like this, and those by some of you others that have posted positively on this thread that both inspire and delight me. But I often wonder about the harsh comments people often make - particularly when I can't see the point of the criticism. Which is not to say that critiques all have to be positive - not at all.
I would very much like to see the type of demo reel BillSpradlin has in mind with regards to the comments quoted. I realise that as human beings we are never all going to sing from the same sheet - ones mans meat etc...

Any way good reel - liked the modelling very much. Well done mate...

PaulAdams
08-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Hey man, nice reel. It's good to see your models in one package. Shame the MIB character wasn't in it though, that was a top model. I agree that the renders seem quite dark, it's not doing the models justice. Other than that it's just fine, I don't have a problem with the presentation at all. Good luck with the job hunting!

formoso
08-12-2005, 04:31 PM
well done. enough to score you a job i think but i agree with most of the crits.

Neil
08-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Hmmm interesting comments. It's comments like this that make me wary of forums. Bill are you being constructive or unecessarily critical? I have looked at the reel (and at many others) and wasn't quite sure what you meant. Obviously it isn't my work....can you define "faces are simple" etc?

Well what I find a lot of on cgtalk is that they like seeing detail. The meshes were all well modeled, quads look nice, edge loops, silhouette was strong, but it was missing all the accessories.
Notice how many minotaurs and orcs you see (Warcraft included) and they gotta have piercings through their horns and skulls hanging from their waists. Or soldiers you see and they have to have not 1 belt of ammo on them, but 3 or 4. It's just overly complex models wow people. Does that make it practical? Not at all, IMO. But it works. I would hope that a company could look at his skill set and say "models look strong, he's proven himself, if we hire him on with a more complex creature I'm sure he could pull it off".
There has got to be a point of diminising returns where you working on a model for weeks and weeks more just to add more unnecessary wrinkles or studs on their belt it not any more beneficial.

bentllama
08-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Well what I find a lot of on cgtalk is that they like seeing detail. The meshes were all well modeled, quads look nice, edge loops, silhouette was strong, but it was missing all the accessories.
Notice how many minotaurs and orcs you see (Warcraft included) and they gotta have piercings through their horns and skulls hanging from their waists. Or soldiers you see and they have to have not 1 belt of ammo on them, but 3 or 4. It's just overly complex models wow people. Does that make it practical? Not at all, IMO. But it works. I would hope that a company could look at his skill set and say "models look strong, he's proven himself, if we hire him on with a more complex creature I'm sure he could pull it off".
There has got to be a point of diminising returns where you working on a model for weeks and weeks more just to add more unnecessary wrinkles or studs on their belt it not any more beneficial.

a great observation that I often think of myself...so many artists focus soley on the surface detail and have a garbage underlay and lack of structure...however, I am in the loop for hiring at our studio and I/we do focus on the core quality of the work...an extruded earring is something that anyone can do...

umjetnik
08-12-2005, 10:52 PM

Absolutely totaly agree. As the saying goes, sometimes less is more.

BillSpradlin
08-13-2005, 12:21 AM
I don't feel I was being overly harsh in regards to the critique, I'll try to clarify a little more. Some of the biggest problems I see in modeling reels is the overall lack of anatomy study and a strong understanding of mass and weight. I personally cannot stand a model that has a ton of trinkets, gadgets and accessories and has an obvious underlying problem with the fundamental basics of anatomy and edge flow. Sure these things add "character" to a piece, but when I'm looking at modeling I'm looking past all of these things to see the character underneath. I am much more impressed by a fully nude incredibly well done basic model than by one that has bad anatomy and edge flow covered up by a bunch of accessories. Show me you understand weight, show me that you understand mass and anatomy and you'll have a good chance of getting a job. I hope that clears up my original post, good luck.

cgclay
08-13-2005, 01:32 AM
a great observation that I often think of myself...so many artists focus soley on the surface detail and have a garbage underlay and lack of structure...however, I am in the loop for hiring at our studio and I/we do focus on the core quality of the work...an extruded earring is something that anyone can do...

I have really noticed this too. I think, especially with the advent of Zbrush, most people are increasingly astonished with quantity and complexity of a model. Most people are not in a position to hire people, so they usually don't understand the important aspects when it comes to hiring a good artist, which is a great understanding of anatomy and form. You will quite frequently see characters that are very highly regarded, who's outer armor or clothing or trinkets really draw attention away from their underlying, simplified structure. I am actually very pleased to hear that you guys DO focus on the core quality of submitted works, because it seems that anything that hasn't been zbrushed into oblivion, and/or wearing a billion straps, is becoming less noticable

edit: I had to remove my mirror. I went through 120 gigs with that mirror and I don't want to get caught with a suprise bill anytime soon :)

ratbaggy
08-13-2005, 04:26 AM
bandwidth exceeded on original.

hope you're sending these to prospective employers via CD or DVD.

;)

bentllama
08-13-2005, 05:03 AM
I have really noticed this too. I think, especially with the advent of Zbrush, most people are increasingly astonished with quantity and complexity of a model. Most people are not in a position to hire people, so they usually don't understand the important aspects when it comes to hiring a good artist, which is a great understanding of anatomy and form. You will quite frequently see characters that are very highly regarded, who's outer armor or clothing or trinkets really draw attention away from their underlying, simplified structure. I am actually very pleased to hear that you guys DO focus on the core quality of submitted works, because it seems that anything that hasn't been zbrushed into oblivion, and/or wearing a billion straps, is becoming less noticable

edit: I had to remove my mirror. I went through 120 gigs with that mirror and I don't want to get caught with a suprise bill anytime soon :)

and do apply to bungie. we are currently looking for a great character modeller and your attitude seems like it could fit in well in our studio. jobs@bungie.com

Jinian
08-13-2005, 08:02 AM
I agree. It isn't about the amount of detail and how "heavy duty" and complex a model looks but the whole overall execution of it. When it comes down to it, an employer will hire someone that he sees has a great understanding of anatomy, silouhette, form and design rather than the obvious external look of the model. It is never how "cool" it looks, but how accurate and believable it is. If it is stylized, these things all still count, you can't just mention that it is stylized as an excuse for a bad depiction of anatomy. If it stylized it will also be judged on how good it is by how much it has captured the style it is going for including the attention to the fundamentals of making any character.

ShaddixFX
08-13-2005, 12:25 PM
i cant download your reel. is there a working mirror pls?

ShaddixFX
08-13-2005, 12:40 PM
is there a mirror that works ? i would love to see it.

Seebaer
08-13-2005, 01:52 PM
hm...i would love to see it, but i was too late :sad:

please try to mirror the file somewhere!!

FunkyCowie
08-13-2005, 03:03 PM
if you want a mirror send me a PM as this seems like its the only way I`ll get to see it :)

SLUCT
08-13-2005, 06:52 PM
ohmmmm......mirror... :bowdown: .........mirror... :bowdown: ...mirror... :bowdown: ......ohmmmm

bentllama
08-13-2005, 07:00 PM
and do apply to bungie. we are currently looking for a great character modeller and your attitude seems like it could fit in well in our studio. jobs@bungie.com

i suggest levitateme do the same :thumbsup:

3DKnight
08-14-2005, 08:32 AM
Try using a different codec. My Reel was 1:30 with music at 640X480 and only came out to 11.5 megs with good quality using the following standard codecs:

Audio: Windows Media Audio 44100Hz stereo 174Kbps
Video: Windows Media Video 9 640x480 29.97fps 2000Kbps

There is no reason it should be 60 megs big. Max resolution you should need is 640 x 480.

The Most common mistake people make is choosing the wrong codecs for web distribution.

Other than that, good work! I prefer the wireframes much more... as your textures and lighting seem a bit too dark. Don't use a black background as well for your textured shots. It's a pretty well known trick that people use to hide mistakes... Details "bleed" out of the model and into darkness becuase your eyes have a hard time distiguishing between the two.

Daniel Whitton
08-14-2005, 09:13 AM
I would really like to see your reel, however I've checked back the last 3 nights and still get a bandwith exceeded message, are you running any other mirrors?

SLUCT
08-14-2005, 10:51 AM
:curious: opened this thread heaps of times now, cause its still frontpage.
but no reel yet ?!?!?! :banghead:

dansgarbage
08-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Your models are nice, you have a good sense of anatomy. I think you should take off the kate beckinsale name. I looked her up and your model does not look anything like her. I think this is just hurting you. Your faces need more work. They kinda of look like poser models. The bodies look great. I would get rid of the black back ground, it makes it very hard to see what is going on. Try using a grey tone. Keep up the good work!

Neil
08-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Try using a different codec. My Reel was 1:30 with music at 640X480 and only came out to 11.5 megs with good quality using the following standard codecs:

Audio: Windows Media Audio 44100Hz stereo 174Kbps
Video: Windows Media Video 9 640x480 29.97fps 2000Kbps

There is no reason it should be 60 megs big. Max resolution you should need is 640 x 480.

I agree. That was my point earlier, to try to get file sizes as low as possible. I mean even cutting a few mgs x hundreds of downloads = more than you think in the end.

But decreasing resolution wont make a difference, it's all about the bit rate.

danRod
08-14-2005, 09:35 PM
uhhhhmmmmmm yeaaaahhhhhh....we'll be moving your office down to the basement......uhhmmmm yeeaaaaaahhhh................

DUDE WHERE"S THE REEL? Bandwith eceeded!! Show us mang!!!

LouisBrowne
08-15-2005, 02:51 AM
How about posting some pictures for the rest of us?

Neil
08-15-2005, 05:53 AM
haha, even his website is bandwidth exceeded. pwned.

I would post some pics, but I didn't save the demo reel.

tntcheats
08-15-2005, 09:38 AM
I can't stand this: I've been checking back since the first day it was frontpaged, and I'm seeing all these people saying really good things about this, and Bungie dude saying that this guy should work there (and I've seen and played all the games that Bungie has released [minus Minotaur], and the quality level they push out) and I CAN'T SEE IT! *screams "hulk smash" then smashes fist through wall*

Put up a mirror quick, okay bud? Can't wait to see this reel.

allenatl
08-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Can't mirror, but I made some screenshots. Hope this helps a little.

http://www.allen3d.com/Lev_berserker.jpg
http://www.allen3d.com/Lev_manbat.jpg
http://www.allen3d.com/Lev_shirleywire.jpg
http://www.allen3d.com/Lev_shirley.jpg
http://www.allen3d.com/Lev_shirleywire2.jpg

bradw
08-15-2005, 03:11 PM
mate- you have exceeded your bandwidth!!
(ISP notice when I tried to follow your website link)
hope that helps.
:thumbsup:

bentllama
08-15-2005, 04:30 PM
I can't stand this: I've been checking back since the first day it was frontpaged, and I'm seeing all these people saying really good things about this, and Bungie dude saying that this guy should work there (and I've seen and played all the games that Bungie has released [minus Minotaur], and the quality level they push out) and I CAN'T SEE IT! *screams "hulk smash" then smashes fist through wall*

I am not saying he should work at Bungie...I am suggesting that he ap[ply. There are many other factors to landing a career at a great studio than having a kickass demo reel alone...

...and if I were to critique a piece of his work, I would have to say that while the topology on the face of the spider-chick is great the surface form and structure does not match the body. the face looks somewhat cartoony and odd compared to her more realistic body. that is one are I think he should work on. the uruk hai however has some great topology and appeal - it should make for a very fun to animate mesh.

cheers. :beer:

Levitateme
08-16-2005, 07:44 AM
Hello everyone, i only had a chance to skim the reply's on here; i was visiting my girlfriend in salt lake city for a week. i had noidea this went front page.

anyone willing to help me mirror this? any help would be incredible,it's asking a lot i know but i had no idea everything went down on my server and clay's. sorry for typo's btw i had about 7 hrs of sleep in 5 days. . . but i'm trying to get some friends to help me mirror this. once i get images up again, and the reel ill read the questions and reply, but truthfully NO sleep in almost a week, time to go to bed. thanks again for any help on this btw.

Tim

Levitateme
08-16-2005, 10:00 AM
EDIT:
My friend ZHX is trying to mirror this, he has 30 gigs left for this month, if anyone can help mirror from this; i would be SO grateful.

Demo-Reel (http://www.zhxhome.net/REEL2005.mov)

Dom has 15 gigs left for this month, so once again, if anyone could try to help me mirror these, be very very grateful

Demo-Reel (http://www.dominicqwek.com/REEL2005.mov)

http://www.zhxhome.net/CollageBeauty.jpg

http://www.zhxhome.net/CollageWire.jpg

PBlades
08-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Tell me if you desperately need a mirror later, the file wouldn't upload just now...

SLUCT
08-16-2005, 07:18 PM
definetely awesome modeling demo !
respecta ! :buttrock:

got 50 gb traffic left on my space, so PM me short
(if you´re going to make another kickass reel
without repyling to ur thread when it goes frontpage again.. :drool: )

CGTalk Moderation
08-16-2005, 07:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.