PDA

View Full Version : I need Crits & Comments - Please!!

BgDM
02-22-2002, 01:18 AM
This is my 2nd post here. I am becoming a huge fan of everyone on this site. The work is awesome!

Anyway, this is an image I am working on for a contest for a futuristic F1. I still need to to finish off the environment and add a motion/rotation blur to the rotors and some exhaust from the engines.

Let me know what you think! And be as bashing and brutal as you want. How else am I supposed to get better!

BgDM

P.S.: The contest is for users of Blender and can be found at the following link, (if you want to see what people are doing with Blender).

http://www.seesystems.com/f1

null
02-22-2002, 01:28 AM
those engines would either vibrate the cockpit to bits, or melt each other, whichever comes first.

BgDM
02-22-2002, 02:18 AM
Maybe, but that is why it is a futuristic design. It could be made out of some super alooy that would allow this design.

BgDM

justinking1973
02-22-2002, 02:59 AM
I'd probably go with a smaller engine for the top middle one, just to give it a bit more character.

Justin

AJ
02-22-2002, 03:32 AM
I agree with justinKing1973.. varying the middle engine will definitley add more character/styling to the ship (and stop the pilot getting sucked through it when he turns em on :p )

The main part of the ship looks nice, but the blades look a little odd. Have you made them all "attached" - it looks like they connect in the centre. I know you're going for a futuristic design, but perhaps look to taking ideas of current aircraft engines... The blades have a very definitive cuve to their profile and are slightly twisted... but you can have you'r eown take on what you want to do with them! If anything, this might just add a bit more interest to the model.

And I sure hope you win!

Vinsoviet
02-22-2002, 03:42 AM
Yup, vary the middle engine and play with the fan blades.

I would suggest making fewer blades but make them wider and give 'em a slight twist as they come to the center. Make the center piece more prominent, and it'll be sweet.

Vinsoviet
02-22-2002, 03:44 AM
Ooh ooh, also, where the blades meet the inner walls of the engines, there should be an indented track for them to run along.

BgDM
02-22-2002, 03:54 AM
Thanks everyone!

I was not thinking about making the middle engine smaller, but now that you point it out, it does make sense!

The blades do come together at the middle. I was thinking of fixing that already.

Again, thanks for the input.

BgDM

leigh
02-22-2002, 12:40 PM
Hey there - really cool design! :D
Hmmm... I also agree that you should make the middle engine smaller - it would make the model more interesting.
As for the blades, maybe jsut make a lot fewer of them - surely you only need about 6?
By the way - congratulations on figuring out Blender - I never could!

Gilgamesh
02-22-2002, 01:38 PM
I think you should make the middle engine BIGGER. Actually I just wanted to create some dissention in the ranks. :)

BgDM
02-22-2002, 05:10 PM
Leigh: Blender is definitely not that user friendly, but once you get into it, it's really not that bad. I am new to doing CGI, so I figured that I could learn on Blender, being free and all, and could then transition to something else, Lightwave or 3DS MAX, later on.

Gilgamesh: LOL! Good one!

I think I forgot to mention that the blades will be rotating in the final render and will look blurred. Therefore, I will not be changing the blade design as you will not be able to see them that well anyway.

BgDM
02-23-2002, 03:38 AM
Hi there. Took all your advice and made the middle engine smaller. Added the stars to the scene as well. I think I will make this a night racer. What do you think?

http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/bc/bgdm999/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=New+F1+WIP.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

Thanks for your input!

BgDM

Gilgamesh
02-23-2002, 04:40 AM
Took all your advice and made the middle engine smaller.

Awww, man.;)

BgDM
02-23-2002, 05:49 AM
Sorry Gilgamesh. LOL!

BgDM

BgDM
02-28-2002, 07:58 PM
Hi everyone, I thought that I would post the finished version of my F1 entry for you. This will be the finished version as I am completely sick of loking at it. I know the blur on the rotors is not the best and the particles for the exhaust don't look 100%, but I don'r realy care right now. This has to be entered to the contest tomorrow anyway. So the heck with it.

http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/bc/bgdm999/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=F1+Entry+%232+-+Final.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

I want to work on something else anyway.

Thanks for all of your help on this one for those who commented.

BgDM

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.