PDA

View Full Version : EGM: Top 10 Video Game Cliches....

RobertoOrtiz
08-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Quote:
"ans of tired old gaming conventions, rejoice! After nearly 200 issues of gaming goodness, we've noticed that the more things change, the more they stay the same. This month, we're talking big heads, big breasts, and big explosive barrels—oh my!—in our roundup of the the most tired gaming clichés (and even listing some surprise offenders)."
(Follow link for list)
>>Link<< (http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3142444)

-R

gilley
08-10-2005, 09:40 AM
#2 Pushing Crates has God of War listed as an "offender". Just thought I'd point out that there's all kinds of things you can push around in the game like statues, "tetris" blocks, cages w/ people trapped in them, and yes a few crates. If I remember correctly, there's only ONE puzzle in the game that requires you to push a crate. Don't want to give people the wrong impression about the game. You can also open lots of chests full of goodies in GOW. I guess that would be another game cliche though. Maybe we should just remove all the crates and chests and all the other game cliches, and Kratos can just run around and whack enemies with his chains. I think the game would be more fun then.

IMO jumping is cliche in games.

Peddy
08-10-2005, 03:32 PM
if you can, play the remade Bard's Tale. it pokes fun at the RPG Genre. funniest game ive ever played, and looks fken awesome.

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2005, 03:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.