PDA

View Full Version : Multiple UVs from different OBJs

bardakos
08-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Hi, i am trying to import a Maya file into LW... (aspirin1)

the problem is it already has multiple UV Sets and
they cannot be exported as far as i know and have tried into
an OBJ file ...

(paracetamol2)

so i export the same model 3 times as an OBJ with 3 different UV mappings for each model.

what do u think is the best way of combining the OBJs into one LWO file with 3 discreet
UV maps?

(paracetamol+cafeine3)

cheers.

JB.

Rod Seffen
08-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Just open the 3 obj's and cut an paste them all into a new object. IF the Uv maps have the same name they'll end up in the same uv map anyway, if not , just select each obj and use 'copy map' to put them in new Uv maps.
It would be much easier to download deep exploration and convert the .mb/.ma directly to a lwo.
YOu can get a 30 day free trial from www.righthemisphere.com

PetterSundnes
08-09-2005, 11:27 AM
OT: Does anyone have experience with both Deep Exploration and PolyTrans? If so, how do they compare? I have only tried the PolyTrans demo, and it seems to be working ok, but I have not used it for production work yet.

There definately is a price difference:
DE: 150$
PT: 400$

bardakos
08-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks i'll try that right away ...

btw i searched a bit for the trial version for Deep Exploration and couldnt find it in their site...
is that the Demonstration thnikg they have cause i just filled in a form and send it to them
i hope they dont came tomorrow morning knocking the door of the studio...

Rod Seffen
08-09-2005, 01:56 PM
GO to this (http://www.righthemisphere.com/support/downloads/download.php?prod=4) page, fill in a name and email and they'll send you a link to download the trial.
@Petterms - deep exploration is used for translating models from one format to another and a model browser. Polytrans will translate entire scenes and animations between some apps.

PetterSundnes
08-09-2005, 02:26 PM
I c, thanks for the update :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2005, 02:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.