PDA

View Full Version : The Order Electrus: Animated Nature Documentary

FlorisKaayk
08-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi everybody,

I made an animated nature documentary, about the life of electronical insects. They live in old industrial locations. It's a combination of video-backgrounds with integrated/animated insects. I used Maya, After Effects and Photoshop.

Have fun, and watch the whole movie!!
Please listen to the sound also

Floris Kaayk,
www.microbia.nl

The file is [63 MB], length 07:23 min.

http://www.microbia.nl/shorts_floris_order_movie.htm

Dark_sOLACE
08-10-2005, 06:49 AM
I loved it heh

great idea and presentation imo /clap

can't wait for another episode^.^

LOOK_AT_ME
08-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Yo man that was good work ..keep..on moving....
Take care...
Ankit Sharma...:-|

kei
08-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Hi FlorisKaayk!
that was awsome documentary :thumbsup:
I liked the style and it was pretty funny to watch!

keep up the good work!

ivanisavich
08-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Hi there,

Well...there were some issues with the animation throughout...but overall I thought this was great! A really cool idea combined with professional execution overall made this a really enjoyable short :)

Nikorasu
08-10-2005, 08:35 PM
The animation has some small problems here and there, like the part where the gear spider jumps off and pounces its prey and so on. Overall, this documentary was cool, way cool. Now I know what the narrator meant by new species of flora and fauna. :D Nevertheless, this animation should earn you some popularity stars.

Very nice indeed!

Slurry
08-10-2005, 09:56 PM
You did a wonderful job of creating the feel of real doco's. Very inventive!

Art :thumbsup:

BMS
08-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Now that's the sort of Doco I can get into :)

Great concept!

Who did the voice over?

Wisky
08-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Sure - good idea and realisation...
May be introduction not so long?
But in "science" concept it's look good.

Andini
08-10-2005, 11:55 PM
That was great...I really enjoyed it! I was also wondering who did the terrific voiceover.

FlorisKaayk
08-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the positive reactions and the critics. I know, that the animations is a little crappy on some moments. I made this short within 5 months, so I wasn't able to make it perfect overall. For me the idea was more important then a perfect animated movie.
In my next movie i'm will try to make a perfect animeted movie :-)

The voice-over is done by Tony Maples, he is a professional actor and got a lot of experience with documentaries. He did it for a friendly price.

Thanks again,

Floris Kaayk

CGTalk Moderation
08-11-2005, 02:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.