PDA

View Full Version : So , anybody got one one of those new cintiq's?

SheepFactory
08-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Hi guys ,

i was wondering if anyone here has one of the new wacom cintiq's (the 21" one) and what are your opinions on it after using it for more then a month. any pros cons?

cheers ,
Ali

rebo
08-09-2005, 06:40 AM
Im wondering the same thing. Deciding between a cintiq 21UX or some photography equipment/upgrades.

In partiular has anyone used both a cintiq and a normal intuos, do you still keep your intuos around or do you only use the cintiq.

Peddy
08-09-2005, 07:21 AM
cintiq's are a myth, my friends. you say that word around any of my classmates, and they take a few seconds to decide if you are telling the truth, then they usually just dismiss the idea as unfathomable. one girl was 'supposed' to have been given one by her father, but none of us have seen it. she doesnt take photos. maybe living in the gigantic island that we do, they cant make the long sea voyage thwart with peril and awesome-technology eating urchins, only to realise that few souls can justify the money on a 21" lcd, let alone one with pressure sensitivity. can i watch TV on it?
:cry:

i'm done

SheepFactory
08-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Looks like i'll be writing the first review in september :)

TheMagician
08-09-2005, 01:17 PM
Hi Sheep Factory!

I found a rather long review of the cintiq 21UX HERE (http://www.creativepro.com/story/review/23097.html).

I think it's pretty helpful.
Stefan

ihavenofish
08-10-2005, 06:00 PM
i tried to buy one yesterday, and they are still backordered here. in fact, my retailer (i think the largest wacom dealer in canada) has not recieved one ever. wacom keeps giving the obligitory "2 weeks" line, offset by whatever day it is today :)

i think wacom severely underestimated demand for this thing.

SheepFactory
08-10-2005, 06:23 PM
yea its shipping september :(

SheepFactory
09-30-2005, 04:32 PM
It is finally shipping next week!

Anybody got one and using it already?

bale
09-30-2005, 09:02 PM
i tried ordering the 21 ux, but i was also put into a waiting list. Does anyone kknow if the 18sx is good for drawing? I know they don't really say it on their site but was just wondering. Isn't september almost over btw?

SheepFactory
09-30-2005, 11:13 PM
they delayed to october. The new units are shipping this coming monday. 18 one is good for drawing too but if you can afford the 21ux dont go with 18 , there is a world of difference between the two.

thecrazyblueman
10-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi bought mine 2 weeks ago on ebay (2600$ against normal 2499$ price) to get it NOW and to do not wait so many months for "nothing sure". I am in Canada, but I made it shipped to NY. Supposed to go on NY to get it next week. This week there was some snow ans black ice so the state troopers blocked the highway so we did a Uturn, after the border. shit. Next week I should get finally my hands on it. Bought also a Pelican 1660 for protection against shocks in the transportation. Hope to made the customs believe that this is all old stuff and to do not pay the taxes. (less expensive to pay the trip to NY than pay the shipping+taxes to make it ship to Canada)

bale
10-28-2005, 06:09 PM
smart man...i was looking at that auction too. Bring an old computer along and say you got it from a friend.

CGTalk Moderation
10-28-2005, 06:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.