PDA

View Full Version : Chattering in final renders

Jarrede
08-08-2005, 05:29 PM
I've recently spent a lot of time pulling scenes apart to figure out what the largest causes are for a chattering effect to show up in final renders.

I've come to the conclusion that it can be a multitude of different things, with some being more noticeable than others.

SO, I'd like to post my findings and discuss...here's a small list of what I've found so far that can contribute to chattering...Sorry if this is a reposted topic...I can't even read right now to do a search, so if yall don't mind I'm just gonna fill the board up with a single redundant topic.

Busy HDRI images in reflection channels.

Large Black Domes that were used for transparency raytracing being reflected onto tiny objects a large distance always. This was the most noticeable issue.

Very small procedural textures are an extreme no no! ...

A small Area light far away from objects with a shadow quality of 4 or lower can also contribute to chattering.

Higher AA levels set in bump channels

And, lastly, sometimes higher global AA settings will dampen the problem.

I know I missed a few things because my scenes may be limited, so I was hoping others could add to the list.

disclaimer: I see words...and they're kinda made into sentences and stuff...but my brain does whack when I've been up all night...so if it doesn't make sense, come back tomorrow.

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2005, 05:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.