PDA

View Full Version : openGL

flipnap
02-22-2002, 12:55 AM
Heres the issue and the question. does anyone know ecaxtly what parts of maya are governed by open GL? Im running maya 4.0 on WIN2000. I know that NT and 2000 cant support open GL across AGP and PCI at the same time, at least thats what ive always heard. i have a nvidia 2 64mb AGP for my main and i bought a 32mb PCI for a secondary monitor. the split worked fine and the secondary displayed all OS functions and other apps fine.... When i run maya, nothing works except for system generated text and window borders, the graph editor,dope sheet , hypergraph, etc displays nothing in the viewpanel, only on the main AGP card is everything normal.. is this a particular video card issue or are these typical symptoms of lack of open GL support across a secondary PCI slot..like i said, im not sure because i dont know exactly what open GL dictates in maya... any help would be greatly appreciated and will save me from an uncertain fate of hardware trial and error...

Forever grateful for your help ..
Flipnap the gripdog

dexter
03-15-2002, 06:24 PM
It would be great to see some feedback on this issue as I plan to have a similar set up in the near future, anybody??

flipnap
03-15-2002, 07:04 PM
atually i got it all figured out..pretty much any viewport including hypershade, graph editor etc is governed by open GL.. you cannot slpit open gl across two cards unless they are a certain configuration check here http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/guide/multimon_opengl.asp
there are no geforce 3 combos as apparently there are no geforce 3 pci cards.. i ended up buying a geforce 4 ti 4600 dual head .. I also found out that of all the manufacturers, only gainward makes dual head cards from this spec.. mostly the mx series are dual.. but even at that only the 420 and 440 are out... no 460.. anyway, good luck..Ive been through the works with this one so if you have any specific questions, let me know?

Later

dexter
03-15-2002, 07:09 PM
cheers, might just do that when i get closer to making a decision on a new system.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.