PDA

View Full Version : Vue newbie

joewalker123
08-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Can anyone tell me if you can save your render when it is incomplete so you can carry it on at a later time? may be a stupid question but it takes a hell of a long time to render an animation in vue 5.

mdunakin
08-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Sure, no prob :)

With your animation loaded up, go to the Animation Menu/Render Animation.
When the Animation Render Options window opens, look to the top right.
You should see two options there, one that says, Render Entire Animation,
and one just bellow that that says Render Sequence.
That second one is the one you want to check.
Then, simply enter in the Start Frame and the End Frame for your animation.
This way, if you have like 900 frames for a 30 second spot, you can set it to
render out only 100 frames to render away while you sleep or whatever,
every night, by setting it to Start Frame 0, End Frame 100.
Then the next time, start rendering at frame 101 to 200 and so on every night.

Oh, and of course be sure to set the Browse to what ever format you like, such as *.psd
or whatever and the Format Options for whatever specs might be needed for that format.

That should do it!

Hope this helps?
................................md :)

dueyftw
08-08-2005, 08:53 PM
I havenít used any of the presets for rendering in a long time. I wonít tell you that my current setting is better but if you can do things with the rendering engine that will cut the time with out noticeable degrading the picture quality. Try playing with all the setting and see what works.

Dale

joewalker123
08-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Cheers guys i will try these ideas

KillMe
08-09-2005, 05:39 PM
i take it when you render out an image sequence it renders each frame to completion then saves it then mvoes onto the next one not some progression system like FPrime

so set it to render all the frames then cancel it when you wake up in the morning then chceck what frame it got to the night before and start from there the next night - that way your computer wont have stopped rendering at say 4am when if it had beenr endering all night would ahve gotten alot more done

but remember i haven't even got my copy yet so i'm guessing but seems reasonable guess

mdunakin
08-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Yes, that is correct.

I was just giving the 0 to 100 for a night, as an example, and this method will do the same thing.

Which ever works out best for the person and the job itself.

Thanx for posting that extra bit of info as well.........md :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2005, 06:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.