http://www.findingnemo.com/

check it out!

urgaffel
10-31-2002, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Looking good... Only 8 monhts to go. :sad:

SheepFactory
10-31-2002, 08:50 AM
Pixar rocks as always,

Psumo , Which shots did you work on on the trailer?

:beer:

lildragon
10-31-2002, 10:17 AM
:drool:

moroten
10-31-2002, 10:34 AM
Om My God, that looks absolutely spectacular. The scary toothfish almost got my pants filled, the jellyfish looked great and the overall ambience feels a lot more realistic than previous Pixar films. Can't wait!

Psumo - your homepage link doesn't work, have you moved it perhaps?

Rudity
10-31-2002, 10:58 AM
Gahhhhhhhhhh.
I hate pixar for being so AWESOME!!!!!

8 more months to go. =)

Edge
10-31-2002, 11:22 AM
:bowdown:

As always......

Cheers.

flamedevil
10-31-2002, 11:57 AM
I can't wait to see another awesome job from Pixar.
Thanx psumo :wavey:

facial
10-31-2002, 12:39 PM
I want to see it now!!!!!:D
It is really great:beer:

Jimzip
10-31-2002, 01:21 PM
Soooo sooo cooool!!!
Thanks! But now I'll be waiting for soo long!:thumbsup: :D

ThirdEye
10-31-2002, 01:43 PM
incredible as usual :applause:

chrleon
10-31-2002, 02:17 PM
- The water is going down! It's nearly half-empty!!

- Nah, I'd say it's half-full.

- Stop That!!
--------------------
Hilarious!

Amazing quality as always.

Inspiring and as usual at the same time depressing :)

Seven
10-31-2002, 02:23 PM
just incredible... fantastic

bjotto
10-31-2002, 02:43 PM
now I know what pixars all about:surprised , they're a terrorist organistion that want's to crack the selfconfidence of all other cgartists,
HELP! SAVE US ALL!:D

vbstudios
10-31-2002, 02:43 PM
Absolutely fantastic. Roll on May next year. Each Pixar movie just seems to get better and better, particuarly in the visuals. Amazing stuff....

Dead Jealous...:bounce:

Vic
http://www.vicbarrystudios.com

jason-slab
10-31-2002, 02:53 PM
sweeeet:thumbsup:

psumo says he worked on "the last 3 shots inside the whale"

nice work dude
|jason

Rogue
10-31-2002, 03:15 PM
That's just gorgeous. Pixar just has it together. It's amazing they can still manage to get such life and expressionism from fish. I'll be patiently waiting for opening night.

Psumo: A work peer was reading an article on ain't it cool news (I didn't see the article, he was reading it out load) and it was saying the staff of Pixar saw the screening and apparently wasn't all that happy with it....at least not as happy with prior film screenings. I don't know how valid the article was, but I'm curious to know if this is true. Even a bad Pixar film is probably still a great movie. :)

The trailer looks great. Kudos to Pixar once again.

Oh yeah, the findingnemo.com site doesn't appear to be working...is that the correct link? Need wallpaper!!!!

MaDSheeP
10-31-2002, 03:29 PM
awesome.. just.. awesome.. and.. i found myself laughing at the trailer again =)

i didn't think that the first trailer was too funny.. but that was helarious... typical pixar... blowing the competition out of the water...

mbaldwin
10-31-2002, 03:57 PM
loved it. though I now know that I won't be taking our 2 year old to the movie--too scary! that deep sea monster is ripped straight out of our collective unconscious. evil and primal.

I'll enjoy seeing it in the theatre, though. Perfect subject matter for the theatre! dark theatre with the luminous underwater stuff. great.

coboman
10-31-2002, 04:47 PM
Arghh!! Perfect, as always.
By the way, did you also think that Shrek was more worthy of an Oscar® than Monsters Inc? (At least the reaction of Sully an Mike was worth seeing)

akewt
10-31-2002, 05:06 PM
the water looks amazing!!! ahhhh

baby
10-31-2002, 05:07 PM
is it a worlwide release ?!?

pliz pliz pliiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzz

in France always waiting 4 monthes after Us release for PIXAR features !!!!

nb : this wait is too long !!

baby
10-31-2002, 05:15 PM
I think Monster deserved the OSCAR...
because it was maturity for emotion on a 3D movie...
Even if Shrek is very very entertaining...I laughed a lot...
I think Monster was much more than some easy/farty/unrespectfull humour...

sure they gave it to Shrek because it looked different in its theme...I mean a false "irreverencious" feature...
But in fact it was very Disneyish, with a huge happy end...

nb : I love Shrek

nb2 : I think the Randy Newman song didn't deserved the OSCAR...I mean exactly the same song as in Toystory...and not a very good one !!!

Grayscale
10-31-2002, 07:14 PM
WOW!....yeah...WOW!
The whole look and feel is perfect for underwater. Not sure that the on screen duo is as funny as previous ones...but then again, this is just a trailer. I know that Pixar wouldn't put out a bad product...so I can't wait... counting the days.

trevlb
10-31-2002, 07:38 PM
wow

i am consistently impressed by pixar. to my knowledge they have created original stories for all their films. they also continue to push the look of their films. monsters was awesome, and now the underwater environment in this just drew me in. incredible. i really liked the turtle part.

Br0nZiLLa
10-31-2002, 07:47 PM
ohhh my *faints*

Ac0rN
10-31-2002, 08:45 PM
Pixar = Masterpeaces

jsh3d
10-31-2002, 09:52 PM
Awesome as always :D!

:bowdown:

Dang, I hate them for being so awesome :D!

-Jsh3d

Lukashi
10-31-2002, 10:36 PM
funneh i like fish :)

parallax
10-31-2002, 11:05 PM
Simply gorgeous,

They surprise me every time, especially the magical touch they add to their work is amazing.

Lee3dee
11-01-2002, 12:37 AM
wowwwwww! nuff said!

TRi-14
11-01-2002, 01:15 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Absolutely OUTSTANDING! this looks like yet another excelent feature from Pixar. Im counting the days...excelent stuff!!

:applause: TRi-14

AnimBot
11-01-2002, 02:31 AM
How can these people put out such high quality work so consistantly? It's mind boggeling.

Virtuoso
11-01-2002, 04:10 AM
psumo..............Extra sweet. Just fantastic,thanks for the links............
:) :beer:

santiago
11-01-2002, 04:50 AM
I can't wait...

Fasty
11-01-2002, 08:10 AM
Now THIS is ART!

Oh and Monsters Inc was ROBBED at the oscars!!! Mike Meyers accent was just irritating and pointless, as was his ad-libbing (right way for a smacked bottom anyone?), Princess Fiona looked like a lifeless Barbie doll on marionette strings (especially in the Matrix ripoff fight scene), Eddie Murphy is ridiculously over-rated and since when has Robin Hood been French?? Am I missing something there?

Also full of "not really funny but I feel obliged to laugh" humour... the worst kind! The waffles bit and the layers bit might have been funny the first time...but start to hurt on repeat viewings, especially with people who do actually feel obliged to laugh each time.

Monsters Inc just gets funnier every time I see it! Full of so many subtleties in character movement and expression... it's art at it's finest! There are too many examples of this to mention... Georges strutting while he unwittingly has a sock on his back, the inept monster from the start trying to scare the child later on in the film by hissing and waving his arms while standing on one leg not to mention BOO!!!

I must also agree with the remark about Randy Newman. If he only got the Oscar for the If I Didn't Have You song, then something very very wrong is going on because You've Got a Friend in Me was identical only much better. However if he got it for the entire score, then he deserves it because, although it takes a few listens, it really is outstanding to the point that I can't get it out of my head!

Well... it's good to have that off my chest...

Cheers!

Stuart Murray

mlykke
11-01-2002, 09:53 AM
Finding Nemo trailer...

Looks awesome.. but Pixar gotta get better at the humor. Shrek owned Monsters Inc. on that part. Where Monsters Inc. IMHO is a movie mde mostly for kids, you can actually see that Shrek was also made for adults too. The jokes in Shrek works on another level. You see the same thing in most disney cartoon features.

That is way Shrek did get Oscar and it was well deserved. Face it.. how many kids are able to vote for who gets the oscar.

Buttom like Pixar is mega cool, but Shrek is the animation feature at the top.

Rogue
11-01-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by mlykke
Looks awesome.. but Pixar gotta get better at the humor. Shrek owned Monsters Inc. on that part. Where Monsters Inc. IMHO is a movie mde mostly for kids, you can actually see that Shrek was also made for adults too. The jokes in Shrek works on another level. You see the same thing in most disney cartoon features.

I'm thirty years old, and I laugh at Monster's Inc even after watching it umpteen times. There are some funny parts in Shrek still, but the potty jokes gets old. Just my opinion...

Oh, and there's more to a movie than whether or not it is funny. Humor alone won't keep you watching. The story, how it's told, and the characters are what keep you watching. This is where Pixar shines the brightest.

Fasty
11-01-2002, 01:11 PM
Good call, Rogue!
I really oughta find out how to do smileys one of these days.

Frinsklen
11-01-2002, 01:52 PM

**mmpphh..... ggkk***** hhffsssss***

*stops typeing and goes watch it again*

samartin
11-01-2002, 02:15 PM
can't stop watchin' the thing, lucky I ain't got no work on at the mo', I am so in awe of pixar... everything they do is just magical...

I've been trying 2 emulate there water effect the past couple of days and it ain't frickin' easy, I am so far off the mark... hmppphhhh...

:drool:

Bupa
11-01-2002, 02:50 PM
Can not find any words for it;:drool:

AWAKE
11-02-2002, 09:58 AM
I don't know about it... The trailer I saw on the Monsters inc DVD left me with a real bad taste in my mouth. So much so that this trailer didn't hit me like it should have. Pixar hasn't fuc.ked up yet, so I guess it'll be good. I'll pay to see it.

HapZungLam
11-03-2002, 01:59 AM
That's the new Pixor movie?

are you working at pixor?

artifish
11-03-2002, 09:22 PM
fullscreen version now available at apple :)
yipi!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.