PDA

View Full Version : New to layout and particles, advice please

giddyup
08-08-2005, 07:00 AM
I've been using Lightwave's modeller for a little while but have not used Layout very much. What I was hoping to get help on is producing a short animation of a dna strand with the molecules flying around and making its final shape.

So I have made what I want it to look like (DND strand made out of lots of little balls) but how would I go about animating all those balls into the final position I have modelled. I assume I would need to use particles in some way.

Any help advice would be great thanks.

blaqDeaph
08-08-2005, 12:12 PM
For making DNA seem to fly in from random directions, you could try actually modelling the DNA strands explode out from the final position (theres a great free plugin called C4 to do this), then play the animation in reverse.

softdistortion
08-08-2005, 01:07 PM
For better controll I'd suggest you do it with a Morph on your whole DNA model...use modeler's tools to swirl your DNA model into whatever position you want, then you can use morphmixer in layout and key the speed of your twirl.

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2005, 01:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.