to an LCD one.

I've been eyeing a pair of HP L2035 20" LCD monitors for
a little while now.

http://www.hp.ca/products/static/monitors/l2035/specs.php

Is there anybody here who has first hand experience with
this monitor?

Hullbr3ach
08-08-2005, 08:56 AM
I've been using the 23" (L2335) version for a few month and am very pleased with it. You might want to consider getting this screen instead of two 20", as I personally wouldn't like the border between the two displays. The 1920x1200 resulution is really sufficient for me (programming, writing documents, some Maya work).

Catzzzpaws
08-08-2005, 09:29 AM
I am working with one 2035 at my all-HP-system. And I am completely satisfied with the image quality and resolution. Right beside the 2035 sits one 20" Apple widescreen display which is quite a "reference". But it seems to me, the HP is even crisper and more pleasant to work with.

Concerning dual screen setup: while I think, having two 20" screens would be a blast - don't forget, you need quite a graphics card for this setup not to slow you down. I am using Maya and a quadro FX3400 with one 2035 display because I do not want to slow my super expensive card down. And I never really missed a second display. I consider the resolution absolutely sufficient.

benwatt
08-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Where I work we've bought a few of these monitors mainly for individual use, but there is one person using a dual monitor setup with two of them. They seem to be very good quality, but for a dual monitor setup, the border round the monitor is relatively chunky in terms of the gap you'll have between each screen - don't know how it compares to other 20" TFTs as far as that goes.

Neptunes
08-08-2005, 03:17 PM
This is great stuff!

Honestly I though about that, opt for a single large monster like
24" Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW. But budget, comfort and work wise,
I prefer the dual display.

The work I do involves alot of multi-tasking. I mainly do website
design/mastering so I often need to have quite a few browser and
folders open along with at least 4 other applications running.

On my personal time, I put time in Maya and Photoshop, learning
modelling and texturing.

Hullbr3ach
08-11-2005, 08:46 AM
The work I do involves alot of multi-tasking. I mainly do website
design/mastering so I often need to have quite a few browser and
folders open along with at least 4 other applications running.
It all depends. I run the KDE window manager on Linux which gives me multiple virtual desktops. That way I can just switch between different program combinations with just one mouse click (or keyboard shortcut), e.g. one with different webbrowsers, one with a web-design program, etc.. Less mouse movement needed than with a dual-screen set-up and as I said before, the resolution on the 23" screen is more than enough for most tasks.

CGTalk Moderation
08-11-2005, 08:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.