PDA

View Full Version : JHM: Disney's upcoming CG projects (SIGGRAPH BOOTH PICTURES..)

RobertoOrtiz
08-08-2005, 04:32 AM
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1580-R

SheepFactory
08-08-2005, 04:44 AM
http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/rapunzel_cars.jpg

nice choice of framing with this one :)

Nichod
08-08-2005, 04:52 AM
I will say the line-up Disney has does look original and imaginative. We'll all have to wait and see what happens.

Aooogah
08-08-2005, 06:09 AM
I guess I was kinda hoping to see some more of Rapunzel at SIGGRAPH. They showed that same waving hair demo last year.

SheepFactory
08-08-2005, 06:18 AM
They showed a test scene from rapunzel and a lot of concept art a couple months ago at the disney presentation. It looked amazing. It'll definitely be worth the wait from the looks of it.

beaker
08-08-2005, 06:46 AM
They showed a couple other really small parts from rapunzel other than the long hair coming out of the tower. One was a shot of her on a rope swing that looked really nice.

A.Dog is what I'm waiting for. That one looks really nice and the story is cool. Chris is a really good writer/director too. Thats the next one from the big D that I'm excited about.

Joe Sandstrom
08-08-2005, 07:56 AM
I guess I was kinda hoping to see some more of Rapunzel at SIGGRAPH. They showed that same waving hair demo last year.

Although they did show the waving hair titles last year, there were some beautiful new clips from Rapunzel that were shown as part of the video presentation inside of the booth, as well as at 'The Legacy of Disney Animation' Special Session.

brentorama
08-08-2005, 01:04 PM
I will say the line-up Disney has does look original and imaginative. We'll all have to wait and see what happens.

what do you, work for Disney?

mummey
08-08-2005, 02:49 PM
what do you, work for Disney?

Why would you say that? Is it because his comment is "Pixar-fanboy, Everything-WDFA-makes-is-crap" cultism that seems to show up on cgtalk sometimes...

I mean people, there ARE animation studios other than Pixar. :rolleyes:

RobertoOrtiz
08-08-2005, 03:05 PM
People lets keep it light.

Having said that,

From what I saw in SIGGRAPH, Disney is working on a couple of CG projects that look REALLY cool ("American Dog" I am looking at you).

-R

ps Hey mummey ! It was nice to see you at the reception.

Shaderhacker
08-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Yep, Disney's booth was the best one of all the CG companies this year at the SIGGRAPH. Kidos to them.

-M

percydaman
08-08-2005, 07:37 PM

other then american dog, and a day with wilbur robinson, I thought the lineup was particularly UNoriginal and UNimaginative... Im sure they'll all be pretty cool nonetheless...

Bentagon
08-08-2005, 08:24 PM
That still means HALF of it was original.

Can't wait for any of those films. Not looking particularly forward to Chicken Little's story. I love the way the other three (excluding TS3) are looking. Check out some video of AD and ADWWR here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20944

American Dog just looks amazingly beautiful, although I was not particularly fond of the dog's walk. But I love the painterly style. Think it's a great story too. Knowing that it comes from Sanders makes me even more excited. Lilo & Stitch was one of the best Disney films of all time, imho.

- Benjamin

Frank Lake
08-08-2005, 08:28 PM
'American Dog"

What ANOTHER lost dog movie!?! BORING!!!

'A Day with Wilbur Robinson'

Only thing it seems to be missing is the hyper intelligent dog, right Sherman?

'Rapunzel Unbraided'

Oh brother! How many times do we have to pull someone from the present and put them into an interperted past? Make the prince black and have Eddie Murphy do the voice. Consistance at it's worst. Same conept artist as Boundin' though, eternal sweet material.

'Toy Story III'

*groan............* :rolleyes:

Pretty thin on entertainment value overall. Lets see if they can be creative second time around, IF they get one.

percydaman
08-08-2005, 09:23 PM
That still means HALF of it was original.

Can't wait for any of those films. Not looking particularly forward to Chicken Little's story. I love the way the other three (excluding TS3) are looking. Check out some video of AD and ADWWR here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20944

American Dog just looks amazingly beautiful, although I was not particularly fond of the dog's walk. But I love the painterly style. Think it's a great story too. Knowing that it comes from Sanders makes me even more excited. Lilo & Stitch was one of the best Disney films of all time, imho.

- Benjamin

well, only 2 out of 5 were original, but who am I to split hairs... :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2005, 09:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.