PDA

View Full Version : Maya 7 - new animation tools?

thomwickes
08-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Ok, there's probably been about 20 threads on this already and i've missed them - I just wondered what the new character animation tools are on maya 7 and if anyone's tried them and if they're any good?

I'm not gonna rush out and buy a copy, I was just kinda interested really because I read they brought a load of tools in from Motion Builder.

Also, is Motion Builder any good?

thank you all

stewartjones
08-08-2005, 04:23 PM
Motion Builder is super cool, but not worth the asking price... Well, not for me anyways.

Maya 7 has 'foot locking' or some sorta thing. You set where the ground plane is, and the feet never go under that spot, that's one of the things they have brought over from motionbulilder, not totally sure on the rest of the features tho!

sivasketch
08-08-2005, 06:42 PM
hi guys
maya 7 is having great features, they have intregrated motionbuilder technology,
and right now we are working on motionbuilder, i heard that next version of motion builder
will be released soon, if they integrate motionbuilder completly with maya it will b great.

BillyA
08-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Stu, the full body Ik in Maya 7 is a little more than foot locking it's pretty much like i remember the rig being in Motionbuilder, pretty cool it is ... if only it had a gui like MB instead of having to right click to pin (or look for it in the channel box) .. .anyone done a gui for it yet already ... please ....

stewartjones
08-08-2005, 11:52 PM
Stu, the full body Ik in Maya 7 is a little more than foot locking it's pretty much like i remember the rig being in Motionbuilder, pretty cool it is ... if only it had a gui like MB instead of having to right click to pin (or look for it in the channel box) .. .anyone done a gui for it yet already ... please ....

Cheers for the info matey!

I love what time I've had with MotionBuilder so far, and any features from that is a super cool bonus to Maya.

I really wanna get my hands on it just to have a play around with it! :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2005, 11:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.