PDA

View Full Version : Need some good tutorials . . .

BASSit
02-22-2002, 12:02 AM
Hi CG-Fans !

I am just a beginner in 3D-Character-Design... so i was looking for a good tutorial on creating a female mouth with nice lips !
Ive started a thread in the " Critiques > 3D Artwork " section . . . Here is the direct link ! (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2333) !

I will post updates frequently, even if there are no comments or crits ;)

Hope to get some help !

ToddD
02-22-2002, 09:57 PM
You seem to have a grasp of modeling, I would say get some good reference and model. Pay attention to proportions, in the amount of time you could wait for a response here, you could do some productive experimenting! Make a few quick test heads, try different methods, and decide which is most comfortable for you. Just don't expect the first head you do to be a masterpiece, you will learn from your failed attempts.

meloncully
02-23-2002, 01:25 AM
well, if you are using maya maybe you could use artisan? or you could make two curves for the top lip in the general shap you want, then make cross sections and sweep along the two rail lines you made,you could do the same for the bottom.

________
meloncully

BASSit
02-23-2002, 03:07 AM
Thanks for taking the time buddies . . .

meloncully: No, i am using Max 4, but i think its called splines in Max ?! Im not comfortable with this way of modelling - but i think i will try this method !

Tbonz816: Thanks, actually i am browsing the web for some fronts and profiles of some beauties ;) Youre right: ill have to try and try and gettin better trough experience !

Ive got some nice tutorials and anatomy sites - and build a mouth that fits her better i think ;)

Thanx again !

ToddD
02-23-2002, 08:22 AM
Oh, you're using Max4, use meshtools(Script) if you already don't, your work will go much smoother.

Figure2
02-24-2002, 03:49 AM
I don't know if this will help you but I created a head tutorial in ElectricImage Modeler using their NURBS subdivision tool. From what I have seen, NURBS modeling is pretty much the same from package to package.
If you get anything out of it let me know.
Head modeling tut (http://www.figure2productions.com/EI_HeadTut/EI_TutIntro.html)

BASSit
02-24-2002, 04:59 AM
Thanks Figure2 !
Your tutorials are really great... i think i got something out of it !

Yes Tbonz816, i am already using meshtools - it fastens the workflow a lot :D

I am finished with the head and will spend more time into textures and emotions later !

I am about to attach the head and body, but i foresee some problems: For the emotions and phonems i will use morph-targets and blend them... and for the body there is a sceleton needed ! So if i have one big mesh (head & body) and create morph-targets my memory will be full :( and i dont know if this will work correctly... The way would be to leave the head as a single mesh and link it to the neck - but then there is a visible border between these parts !

Does someone know how to solve these probs !

Gilgamesh
02-24-2002, 07:07 AM
oo, oo, I have the same question! Someone reply! :) :) :)

Hmura
03-10-2002, 08:50 PM
Here you go, not sure if you seen this or not
http://www.3dluvr.com/content/artz/3dsmax/std/nhead.php

:wip: :wip:
Hmura

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.