PDA

View Full Version : Transition of life and death.

StylusMonkey
08-07-2005, 01:09 PM
This is part of my anatomical studies, I'm teaching myself the human anatomy, starting with skeletal structure, this piece is obviously stylised, set up as an interesting way of allowing me to study.

This is a small piece of what will be a much larger graphite render on an a3 sized paper - it will eventually have skeletons from all concievable angle so i can practice all the various parts of the skeleton. I'll then use photoshop to apply color but will try to keep the pallette relatively subdued.

http://www.users.on.net/~bobbyeow/Art/Transition1.jpg

On this you can see the stylised skull, some clavical, which is partially obscured by the cloak, it attached to both the sturnum and the scapula which is commonly referred to as the shoulder blade. The humerus attached to the scapula which then joins to the forearm bones known as the ulna the bone that attached to the carpals in the hand - there are 8 carpals.

The other forearm bone is the radius, and attached to the carpals nearest the thumb meta-carpals. there are 5 metacarpals altogetherm which then attach to phallanges bons which make up the fingers, there are 14 of these on each handm three for each finger except the thumb.

The sturnum attached to 10 pairs of ribs on the male skeletal system (there are 2 pairs of floting ribs) and curves around to joint to 12 thoraic spinal segments, the spine also has a lumbar region made up of 5 spinal segments, and a neck area made up of 7 spinal sections, these attach to the skull's spinal root.

The spin attaches to the sacrum, the bone from which the illium and the illiac crest or spine then spread from creating a curved surface, the coccyx bone also sprouts from this. The illiac crest curves around to meet with the pubic bone which then converged to the ischium bone that acts as support when seated. The femur bone's head attaches to the illium, the femur head also attaches to a second bony knot called the trachanter, of which there is a greater and lesser trachanter, which then extends to the the tail end of the femur, which attaches to a patella - the knee cap, and the two lower leg bones, the tibia, and the fibia. The Tibia is the major support, and attaches to the tarsal bones, attaching to the meta tarsals, which attach to the phallanges, of which there are also 14 on the feet. The heel is called the calcaneus.

I'm sure some of that is wrong, but its the first time I've started learning about it, so its gonna be partially inaccurate. Spelling is probably all ****ed as well.

Alice
08-07-2005, 01:45 PM
My boyfriend who studies medecin and can name every single part of that sceleton with full latin name, says it looks OK. Though the spinal part did look a bit big for an ordinary human.

cheers!
/Alice

StylusMonkey
08-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Thanks for getting him to look at it, I exaggerated certain parts like the hips and the spine because I wanted to be able to add a little more detail. This is a study piece.

Euphrosyne
08-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Nice job! I like the detail that you added to the sythe, you've succeeded in giving this skeleton a personality and made it fun to look at. Did you have fun drawing it? It really is very helpful to do these, I did one of the skull and it really was and education. I will be doing more practice sketches too! Congratulations on making a practice sketch that speaks to the viewer.

Euphrosyne

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2005, 08:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.