PDA

View Full Version : Collar bone Extension?!

Pooyag
08-07-2005, 01:12 PM
hey all,
these days i was watchin some new demoreels of ppl and ofcourse the Maya Demos and i noticed something that i dont use.
there's a Bone Coming out of the Collar bone.
i was wondering if anyone could give me some hints and informations.
Thanks alot

ralphpoon
08-07-2005, 08:33 PM
it should be driven keys to control the bones

twedzel
08-08-2005, 06:17 PM
Scapula joints.

Pooyag
08-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Thanks alot for Answering twedzel & ralphpoon;
To twedzel : yeah....it's Scapula joints Thanks.....But How should i work with that? Connecting it to Collar bone? or Set Driven Keys to do what?
i think i need more infor about the topic.

twedzel
08-09-2005, 04:29 PM
SDK off of shoulder rotation works fine for me. If you need more accuracy you could set up something more complicated. I remember reading in one of my Girlfriends medical anatomy books that the scapula rotates 1 degree for every 2 degrees of shoulder rotation abouve a 45 degree angle. Or something like that. I can't remember exactly. I just set it up so that it looks right.

Yeah and parent it under the collar bone. The connection of the clavical and scapula creates the socket that the humerous head rests in. These three bones together creates the shoulder joint. The entire shoulder setup is attached to your skeleton at the base of the clavicle basically on top of the sternum. So the clavicle is the root.

Pooyag
08-09-2005, 04:32 PM
thanks for the respond twedzel;
i'm looking for more information about that though, Still Waiting:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2005, 04:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.