PDA

View Full Version : MS batch render squishes images

captain chapo
08-07-2005, 12:01 PM
hi, when i do a batch render with Maya Software the saved files are all squished, that is they are supposed to be 640x480 but have been squished down to 640x240. every thing renders fine in render view/IPR, does anyone know what is causing this? I would use Mental Ray, but there is a background image to the camera that won't render correctly...it renders a few little squares of it and the rest is black. any idea how i can fix either of these would be greatly appreciated, thanks! cap'n.

BillSpradlin
08-08-2005, 11:18 PM
You could just composite the background image in, which you should be doing anyway. Make sure your resolution is set in the render globals.

captain chapo
08-09-2005, 04:39 AM
thanks, but can i composite is maya or do i need another program?

BillSpradlin
08-09-2005, 05:51 AM
You'll need a seperate program, Shake/After Effects/Digital Fusion/Nuke/Combustion etc for animations or if it's a still Photoshop works fine.

captain chapo
08-09-2005, 06:50 PM
ok thanks, everything works now. did it in premiere and it worked out great. now to figure out wireframe rendering in maya....arg, why can't maya make this easy?

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2005, 06:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.