PDA

View Full Version : Odd display behavior?

BazC
08-07-2005, 10:29 AM
I've just dug out my old Lightwave discovery edition 7.5 and it's doing some weird stuff!

If I move or rotate an object, camera or light it sometimes (not always) jumps suddenly and unpredictably before being manipuated smoothly. Sometimes it shoots way out of view. The same thing happens when zooming, panning or rotating the viewport. I'm guessing it's because LW7.5 was created before my OS (OS10.3.9) and there's some incompatibility there? Any thoughts/comments? Everything else seems to work OK and it's fairly stable so I don't think it's a bad install.

I suppose I'm seeking some reasurance that this won't happen with full versions of Lightwave, especially 8/9 :) - Baz

Dragon_Lee
08-07-2005, 08:01 PM
In the past I've seen behavior like this with ATI graphics cards ... some driver revisions had these horrible opengl issues (something to do with precision)...but that was long ago, and on windows...

Don't have experience with Mac OS X, but I can recommend looking into the graphics area of things...

BazC
08-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks for your response. I am using a Radeon 9200 but I'm not aware of any way to try diiferent drivers on a Mac, they're installed as part of the OS updates from Apple. I could play around with display settings. I'm using an e-mac so I don't even have the option of changing graphics cards :o(

BazC
08-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Problem solved! Changing input device from mouse to tablet (I'm using a mouse) sorted it out. Very strange! - Baz

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2005, 10:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.