PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a cheap wacom ??

Tad
08-07-2005, 01:07 AM
Ok basically I really need a tablet,
and new wacom series3 are WAY too expensive,
I use the 6x9 size.

so i'm curious, is there anyplace that sells the older models,
like the series 2, or even series 1, new ??
Or maybe even refurbished with new drawing surfaces at least..

I'm hesitant to buy a used tablet..

thanks.

MadMax
08-07-2005, 01:29 AM
Ok basically I really need a tablet,
and new wacom series3 are WAY too expensive,
I use the 6x9 size.

so i'm curious, is there anyplace that sells the older models,
like the series 2, or even series 1, new ??
Or maybe even refurbished with new drawing surfaces at least..

I'm hesitant to buy a used tablet..

thanks.

nextag.com

Elsie
08-07-2005, 08:45 AM
eBay! There's plenty of brand new boxed tablets on there (aswell as rather unintelligble tablets described as "wacom"...when you enquire what model it is they're like "Um...I don't know...it's like...um...G4JSFDH3GJSD933...THAT model...). I kept all the packaging for my graphire3 *cracks knuckles* I'm going to list it and upgrade to an intuous...as long as you keep the packaging you can get almost the original price sometimes. But the older ones can go for pennies.

alanmac
08-07-2005, 09:45 AM
If you go to the Wacom site they are selling refurbished ones with warranty. This is of course subject to model and availability. Also as mentioned before ebay seems to have a constant supply of new and used for sale.

Make sure you get the right model for your computer, Mac or Windows. Drivers are downloadable so that's not to much of a problem.

Older models used serial ports and in some cases a seperate power supply, then they had a mixture of both, in some cases they still do, but I would try to get USB connection as serial ports seem to be dying out. My computer, which I purchased nearly a year ago, does not have serial ports at all.

Alan

Tad
08-07-2005, 07:51 PM
thanks,
ebay looks good to me,
they have alot of them on there.

I think I should be able to find what I need,
thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
08-07-2005, 07:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.