PDA

View Full Version : Graphics card makes screen go fuzzy?

katon
08-06-2005, 07:57 PM
I have had a computer sitting around for a while and not working because i had to take its graphics card out of it a while back to temporarily put in another machine. Well i took it back out of the temp machine cause i got my new card in and now this graphics card has been sitting around and I just havent got around to putting it back in the original machine. Well i just put it back in and when i turn the computer on, the screen has lines going across it just kind of looking like static. Do you guys think this is my graphics card and it has gone bad or maybe my mother board has gone weired since it has been sitting there for 6 months not doing anything? So basicaly i put the card in, turned it on and the screen is really fuzzy and has lines going across it, and you cant even see windows behind it or anything, but windows does load. Any thoughts would be apreciated, cause if you guys think it is the graphics card i need to go pick up a cheapo and get this working. Thanks

Katon

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2005, 07:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.