PDA

View Full Version : 64bit systems and Wacom Tablet

Jeffsimpson
08-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey, I use a normal 4x5 graphire 3 wacom tablet, but my computer is 64bit. I can't seem to find any drivers that will work for it...do only intuos have 64 bit drivers? Will wacom eventually release a 64bit driver for graphires? Or is there some other way I can get around this problem?

Thanks!

jcbray
08-07-2005, 01:58 AM
As last I knew, Wacom won't support the graphire series, because they say only hobbiest's use it.

There is a work around though :) Download the grahpire drivers, and unplug your wacom. Uninstall any previous drivers for it.

Run the install. It should get pretty much to the end before it freezes and the computer becomes non-responsive. Restart.

Boot to another desktop, or go into safemode. Search for the fle tabhook.dll and rename, relocate, or delete this file. Restart.

You can now plug it in, and it should work fine. Only issue i had, is where the lower and upper mouse were confused in driver properties, but reversing my preferences made it feel like normal :)

goodluck

Jeffsimpson
08-07-2005, 03:43 AM
hm, damn! That really sucks, I just blew all my money on this new computer, I don't have any left for an intuos! ;). I'm not very good with doing thigns to my computer, so I don't think I'll risk trying out that method..thanks alot for the help though!...if worst comes to worst I'll try that =) *just so I know, if I got an intuos it is SURE to work for a 64bit?*

jcbray
08-07-2005, 03:53 AM
I use the graphire, and that method works fine :)

You'll have to check the wacom site to see if the intuos 1 or 2 is supported or not - just see if x64 drivers are available for them or not :)

And really, there is no issue doing my method of installing - just print the page, and you shouldn't get lost :)

If you want any clarification on any points, let me know and i'll elaborate on them :)

MadMax
08-07-2005, 08:49 AM
just so we are clear here, you say your new system is 64 bit and you are conerned about drivers.......

so you are running the new Win64 version of XP then? Wacom has released Intuos drivers for that OS a couple of months ago. No problems.

If you system is installed with regular old XP, no problems either. ANY of the Wacom tablets work just fine.

jcbray
08-07-2005, 09:50 AM
He has a graphire, not an Intuos, and last time i checked, which admittedly wasn't recently there is no x64 driver available- i'm using the work around and so have been lazy about checking for updates. You are right though in that if he's using normal XP then this is all a waste of time, I just asumed he was using the x64 edition...

MadMax
08-07-2005, 05:34 PM
He has a graphire, not an Intuos, and last time i checked, which admittedly wasn't recently there is no x64 driver available- i'm using the work around and so have been lazy about checking for updates. You are right though in that if he's using normal XP then this is all a waste of time, I just asumed he was using the x64 edition...

Thta is what I am trying to find out. He said his system was 64 bit, he didn't say his OS is.

CGTalk Moderation
08-07-2005, 05:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.