PDA

View Full Version : Is Auto Character Setup 4 worth it.

mlmiller1983
08-06-2005, 04:10 PM
I stumpled upon the software while surfing the net. It looks promising but before I buy it I wanted to see if anybody has anything to say about it. And since the plugin seems to be a little old is there any better character rigger for Lightwave. Thanks!!!

coremi
08-06-2005, 05:43 PM
ACS4 is no longer developed, i would not consider it. Go check Maestro, it looks it will get a huge update in about 2 month, and it's not only for characters, a lot of other things to do with it.

http://www.kurvstudios.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SW-SP01-0002&Category_Code=plugins

mlmiller1983
08-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the info. Much appreicated!!!

Nu Visual Science
08-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Well i dont know about ACS4 not being developed because if you check the forum about a month ago the dev said he was trying to find a fix for the 8.3 bug ?

As for if it is a good rigger or not sorry i cant help but i thought you should know that ACS4 may well still being developed, You can always ask questions at the official forum at Splinecage.

If you can it would be cool if you could update this thread with whatever rigger you decide on and how you get on with it ;)

mlmiller1983
08-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Well i dont know about ACS4 not being developed because if you check the forum about a month ago the dev said he was trying to find a fix for the 8.3 bug ?

As for if it is a good rigger or not sorry i cant help but i thought you should know that ACS4 may well still being developed, You can always ask questions at the official forum at Splinecage.

If you can it would be cool if you could update this thread with whatever rigger you decide on and how you get on with it ;)

Sure no problem.

KillMe
08-06-2005, 08:33 PM
if your looking for a rigger and happen to want surpasses plug-in too then they can be got as an bundle and you effecitively get one of them free - thats what i did - i'm just oping the 8.3 bug i fixed though or no asc4 which is a very good rigger suited me personally more than maestro - but thats jsut me - maestro looks incredibul too and has some very sweet features its got a demo too so you could check that out

Kid-Mesh
08-06-2005, 08:42 PM
I have ACS4...sucked that I had to go back to ver 8.2 to use it :sad:

But you can try ACS3 to get a feel for it and its free...honeslty..I think ACS4 is alot better than MAESTRO from what I've tried but what the hell do I know? :shrug:

AFAIC it would be nice to see ACS4 fixed so it works with ver 8.3 , 8.5 and beyond because its too good of a plugin to go the way of the DoDo if you know what I mean.

rebfx
08-06-2005, 10:14 PM
I actually think that the 8.3 bug might be fixed now. I recieved a .zip file in an email from Lukasz Pazera that indicated that it was for the 8.3 bug... I haven't tried it myself, but thought you guys might want that piece of info.

ericsmith
08-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Kid Mesh,

Could you give me some specifics on what you think is better about ACS4 than Maestro?

I ask because if there's something about Maestro that isn't doing it for you, I'd like to know.
Eric

mlmiller1983
08-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Kid Mesh,

Could you give me some specifics on what you think is better about ACS4 than Maestro?

I ask because if there's something about Maestro that isn't doing it for you, I'd like to know.
Eric

I would like to know too!!

NanoGator
08-07-2005, 05:50 AM
I'd like to mention that Maestro doesn't just offer rigging, it also offers a controller with easy access to all of the features of the rig. And, yes, you can create your own hotspots. I'd recommend checking out the demo. :)

http://www.nanogator.com/maestro.gif

mlmiller1983
08-07-2005, 02:56 PM
I'd like to mention that Maestro doesn't just offer rigging, it also offers a controller with easy access to all of the features of the rig. And, yes, you can create your own hotspots. I'd recommend checking out the demo. :)

Thanks I didn't even know there even was a demo. I'll check that out along with ACS3 and see which one I like.

Kid-Mesh
08-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Kid Mesh,

Eric

Eric: Dont get me wrong I proably used a poor choice of words or wording with my comment because I have been a bit dismayed by the lack of updates with ACS4. In all honesty Maestro (is) for all intents and purposes an excellent solution for rigging. What I should have said is that one should try them both because each tool approaches the craft from a different perspective.

It's just that ACS4 fit my style of rigging and what I'm used too is all. Maestro proably would be just as good if not better if I actually gave it an honest trial which I didnt, but like I said before what do I know :shrug:

Sorry for any confusion.

Pazur
08-08-2005, 07:13 AM
ACS4d patch for 8.3 is ready, You can get it here:

http://acs.polas.net/acs/files/data/ACS4d_update.zip

Every customer should get an email with patch link in it sent to the email that was given during plugin registration.
The reason it's not officialy on the site yet is it's windows version only. OSX version to come.

Kid-Mesh
08-08-2005, 12:18 PM
*Checks calendar....damn is it xmas? * :beer:

Thanks!

Rabbitroo
08-18-2005, 02:30 AM
OSX version to come.

Lukasz,

I haven't heard from you guys in quite a while. Are you ever going to make SmartGONS available for OSX?

-K

CGTalk Moderation
08-18-2005, 02:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.