PDA

View Full Version : Finished 3D short - The Bleached Bovine Blunder

mpenne20
08-06-2005, 01:39 PM
This is a 3D short i did from my senior year at Savannah College of Art and Design. The music is originally scored. The idea here was to use a classic cartoon approach executed with 3D techniques. Enjoy.

http://www.mattpennetti.com/animation/Animation/BBB.mov

(mirror sites appreciated)

Obaid3DFX
08-07-2005, 05:58 AM
Well!
I think the style is more classic...I like this mood

The idea here was to use a classic cartoon approach executed with 3D techniques

In my opinion you have succeeded ... this remind me of Walt Desiny Classic Cartoon.

nice work

:rolleyes:

dragonlair81
08-08-2005, 02:46 AM
Well I had a few problems with it.

First- I didn't think your fish were moving at the right speeds. Some of the looked like they should be moving fast and some looked like they weren't moving fast enough. The speed their tails were moving looks like they would move different.

Second- Your walk cycle bothered me. I didn't like how the guys planted foot slid when he stepped. I made him look like he was moving too slow for his walk.

Fierce1
08-08-2005, 06:30 PM
I must say that I am very impressed by this piece. I find that the animation, though needing help in some areas, is over all very nice. I am particularly attracted to the over all aesthetic. The black and white grainy texture was especially appropriate for the work. It also left me wanting more. What will Minos do now that he's decided to defy his God? How will Posiedon react? I realize that this is taken from a Greek myth, and a rather good one at that, but I'm not especially certain where this particular artist will take it. Will it react to the social/religous under current of the leftist American mentality to defy one's supposed creator? The musical choice is especially interesting, moving from an over all happy country and western tune (perhaps to show the antiquity of Posiedon, and offer better contrast in Minos' reaction) to Minos' dark almost evil song of defiance. Could the artist have it out for progressive America? Will Minos or Posiedon suceed in this modern take of the Greek classic.

I eagerly await a response from the artiste.

mpenne20
08-09-2005, 05:03 AM
i appreciate the feedback. i know its a long download but its worth it swear.
dragonlair- i totally agree with what you said. i sort of skipped over detail animation on the fish because i was more focuse on the characters. also, on the slipping thing, i actually took the traditional animation approach and moved the background and left the character in one place which is totally unconventional and was a HUGE pain, but i wanted to stay true to the class i animation technique.
fierce1- much appreciated but i probably wont complete the final scenes, i am moving on to other things. i have learned what i wanted until i was satisfied with this project.
keep the crits coming thanks

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2005, 05:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.