PDA

View Full Version : November Contest...oh yeah!

proton
10-30-2002, 11:04 PM
NewTek Announces November Challenge:

Well I got so excited about this one that I begged to let me announce it early...and the Marketing team couldn't stand to see me in agony so Mike got it online early. This is going to be a real fun contest for everyone. Model these characters in any style you'd like. Create one character or all four....Enter as many as you would like.....

You have an entire month so get to designing your best idea of a mascot for NewTek, LightWave 3D, Video Toaster, or Aura. Details can be found here:

http://www.lightwave3d.com/contests/nov-02/index.html

minus
10-30-2002, 11:10 PM
First Post! :scream:
This is a great idea for a contest!

proton
10-30-2002, 11:13 PM
I better see an entry from you Minus...

and that goes for everyone else.......I'm watching this time :eek:

policarpo
10-30-2002, 11:29 PM
HOLY CRAP!

HOLY CRAP!

HOLY CRAP!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

jjburton
10-30-2002, 11:47 PM
Woo hoo!

Joril
10-30-2002, 11:49 PM
Whoa that's an awsome challenge!! :eek:

When I come up with an idea for a character...

What about a LW knight/footman? Hehe, j/k this was a model for a challenge here.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/joril/graphs/pose_Vs002.jpg
this is just a wip image

policarpo
10-30-2002, 11:53 PM
i think we can do almost anything...as long as it isn't green. I hear Proton hates little green men... something about aliens not believing him when he was a kid.

:eek:

just kidding Proton!!!!!

MrWyatt
10-31-2002, 12:16 AM
Logos.zip link seems to be broken.

wgreenlee1
10-31-2002, 01:37 AM
I couldnt get in either Mr.Wyatt.
:annoyed:

KillMe
10-31-2002, 02:05 AM
how big an issue is the animatabily going to be? cause i can model characters not to bad now but cant get them set up for aniamtion to save myself

CTRL+X
10-31-2002, 02:36 AM
Source File Link is still inactive

Link me baby!

toonshady
10-31-2002, 02:44 AM
how do u judge animatability of a character if all we send is lwo file?

Howzat
10-31-2002, 03:19 AM
I reckon that aboriginal guy (he is supposed to be aboriginal isn't he??) on the contest page should win, he's awesome!

LyonHaert
10-31-2002, 04:19 AM
/me baps Howzat

hush! don't give them ideas :)

Infinity3d4life
10-31-2002, 04:43 AM
i would love to enter, but i have seen some of you guys work so i better sit this one out for about a year or so...

proton
10-31-2002, 05:37 AM
We'll get the link working...but don't let that slow you down...start sketching your ideas....If you want to see the different logos check out our site...they are all over theplace....

As far as how animatible the characters are...our judges are Character pros...they will be able to tell from studying the models...no need to rig them...unless you want to rig them to have them in a cool pose for the image you submit....

The LW character by Jonny Gorden won't be entered....we want new characters...but that one is awesome...it won the LightWave OZ contest awhile sback....but it is awesome...that's why it ended up on the back of our current brochure :)

Infinity....I would hate to see you not enter....I would hate to see anyone here not enter....I brag about the CGtalk community....I'd love to see everyone enter...from Newbie to pro....this will be great for everyone...

Look at it as a way to sharpen your skills....and you never know what the judges will like....go for it...you have everyones support on this !

Good luck to all....I will hopefully see something from everyone onthis contest! If your a student...try and get your instructor to make it a class assignment....

ps. Look at the freakin Prize....sweet! All of you should send Worely a big thanx for the prize....what a great guy!

CTRL+X
10-31-2002, 06:20 AM
:surprised

uuuhm,,,,sir? the link is still not coperating....:thumbsdow

CTRL+X
10-31-2002, 07:21 PM
OK, The content source file link is still not working!!

proton
10-31-2002, 08:23 PM
Patience....it will come....again...all that the file has is images of the logos....it shouldn't slow you down to get concepts down.....It should be up by the end of the day!

proton
10-31-2002, 09:03 PM
link is working:

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/Contests/Logos.zip

proton
10-31-2002, 09:15 PM
Official Contest thread

http://forums.newtek.com/discus/messages/2/33880.html?1036098864

proton
10-31-2002, 11:26 PM
A few questions have come in so far...here are some answers:

Does the character have to be textured?

The character needs to be 100% complete....so if the character style needs textures then yes....some styles look good with just colored surfaces...it's your call..

Do we need to rig it?

Your call...this is a character design contest as well as a modeling contest....so rigging the character will not be part of the judging...altho that might make a cool future contest....

Can I model all four charcters?

Yes...you can enter as many characters as you woul dlike...enter them one at a time....so we have each one as it's own entry.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.