PDA

View Full Version : hard drive help

DuttyFoot
08-06-2005, 04:00 AM
need some help here. i have two hard drives in my pc one as master running xp and smaller one as slave running suse linux. i want to replace the one that has linux with a larger hard drive. i took the linux hard drive out and put the new one in, and kept it as slave. when i reboot it shows grub which i guess is what linux uses to boot. normally it would say grub loading stage 2,, but because the hard drive with linux isn't connected it just shows grub. and nothing happens. so looking through the suse book they talk about unistalling the linux boot loader, so i reconnected the second hard drive with linux on it and tried what they said in the book. but when i put the new drive on and reboot it still says grub. when i reconnected the second hard drive with linux on it and rebooted it still showed grub. so i boot from the installation cd so i can repair the grub issue. everything is back to normal now but i would like some info on the right way to do this. i hope i dont confuse you guys, if so let me know....

DuttyFoot
08-06-2005, 06:02 PM
no need to reply i got it.. :) fixboot and fixmbr did the trick

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2005, 06:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.