PDA

View Full Version : Edit membership slow as a dog.

Arcon
08-06-2005, 03:08 AM
mmk i havn't run into this problem with the Edit Membership tool before, but now every time i access the tool or change values with it, there's a 3-5 minute wait until it actually does anything, while the CPU sits there at 100%. i have a 2GHz AMD64 cpu with 2GB ram.

its an average character with about 40K polys, 10 poseDeformer nodes and quite a few maya blendshapes, some sculpt deformers, a few clusters, that's about it. any ideas about what could be causing this slowdown...?

i'm not sure if any particular skin history node is causing a problem... the slowdown happens anytime i have the tool selected and switch between any input...

Arcon
08-06-2005, 03:27 AM
heh, funnily enough after i had removed a few 10,000 verts from the new set i was working on, it began to speed up a bit :)

but still, was the fact that it was *really* slow to begin with mean that Edit Mem has trouble with scalability purely because of vert count, or the size of the deformer history (ie, i have about 10,000 verts in the face, but over 40 blend targets in the face as well).

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2005, 03:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.