PDA

View Full Version : How is this made? -- 3d/2d vector animation

Xsub
08-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Hey guys, I came across this animation upon my many hours of researching into politics, theories and stuff like that.

Anyway, this particular animation appealed to me and I have seen it done before but not as cleverly.

http://www.knife-party.net/flash/barry.html

There is also a strong backstory to the animation, which is quite serious but my question is;
How did they go about making such an animation? What software? Would they need to important/export alpha images to use upon other programs?

Cheers.

Wonton
08-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Have you heard of Flame/Inferno systems? Similar to Combustion or AfterEffects, they're basically high end compositing packages with some 3d capabilities, like to make spinning logos and such. You'd have a bunch of "2d" layers stacked in a scene and have have the camera fly through them, rather than moving layers around individually to simulate real perspective.
You could pretty much do the animation with any 3d software, except you won't have the extensive image processing features found in a compositing package.

Import your animation of tanks, create some logos, spin them around, move the camera... nothing too fancy if you ask me. It's all in the presentation.

Xsub
08-09-2005, 06:01 AM
thanks.

I personally love the style though, i like vector art, especially when it's done like this.

projectk
08-10-2005, 11:47 AM
In computer arts magazine, they had that guy's work and he said it was made in cinema 4D and after effects though he is working on maya now. I can't remember which exact issue it was, and i'm too lazy to look it.

It's an interesting animation, that's for sure.

Chris_Mackin
08-10-2005, 01:16 PM
your right. That is a really cool style, and an impressive animation.

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2005, 01:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.