FOX3D
08-05-2005, 10:09 PM
hi it`s my first reel and i`m waiting opinions

link
http://www.sendmefile.com/00033833

ivanisavich
08-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Hey man,

That was definitely a fun little reel! I totally loved that black cat character :)...and the motion on him was great!

As for animation...most of it was pretty solid. Here are some suggestions though:

-The courtroom scene, the scene with the talking soda, the scene with the bee standing on the branch and the scene with the elf standing next to the fire need to go. They're hurting your reel.
-The color/contrast scheme in the fruit scene was too washed out....it looks out of place compared to the nice and contrasty tones of the rest of the reel
-Some of the finger motions on some of the characters were a bit too exaggerated...as if they were simply jiggling around for no reason (this didn't happen a lot though...maybe only once or twice where it looked awkward)

Other than that....I'm giving this 4 stars since out of all the reels that get posted here, this has been one of the better ones.

Good luck with the job hunt!

UnlikelyCorny
08-06-2005, 03:50 PM
i agree with the above. The fruit clip felt like it was 'an oldie' you cramped in there due to the colors, but the animation turned out to be ok.

The cat with the fonts were nice when it came to the cats' movements, but I felt the logo's were a bit crude in appearance and behaviour.

But, I was impressed with the fluicidy of the overall animation in your reel.

Succes

FOX3D
08-08-2005, 05:29 AM
ill take your suggestion thatīs very useful. thanks

javi3d
08-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Hi... Fox3d, I have seen your work and it's great. Congratulations!!! I think you are a really good, very good animator.

Very nice...

See you in www.3dpro.com.ar

(I have also posted here "No hay 2 Sin 3" titled: "VFX From Argentina". But I think the title wasn't enought interesting...)

Bye and good luck...

Javi3d

FOX3D
08-09-2005, 06:19 AM
hey thanks javier!!

i just want to learn more of your!!

and wait for to understand more animation, because this is very hard!!

spanish:

gracias viejo, espero ver mas cosas tuyas ya que el 3d se mueve bastante en nuestros paises.

adios!!

Wisky
08-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Good animation in catoon style. Try something more!
Good Luck!

feebsicle
08-10-2005, 12:07 AM
you have an awesome reel thats for sure.
my critiques are to get rid of all the elf scenes comepletely. the court room one is hard to hear, and a little boring compared to the other things in your reel. also, i noticed the movement in the elf isn't as advanced as the movement in all the other characters. he seems stiff and unappealing in comparison.

i agree that the animation is a little bit "bubbly" and jiggles alot, the secondary action is a little on the heavy side. HOWEVER, i actually found it quite pleasing and cute and its almost done in a way that could be pulled off as a stylistic choice. that is just my opinion though, and companies may not like it as much. i really enjoyed your reel. keep up the good work :)

freakmoomin
08-10-2005, 02:20 PM
i agree with everything said

good reel, get rid of the elf.

cheers

kev

FOX3D
08-11-2005, 02:53 AM
Wisky

thank you very much!!

I've been thinking to animate in another way, however, I like this style

feebsicle

yeah, regarding to the goblin It takes off the main idea of the reel, that was a production done with low time and we couldn't improve some details

thank you, your opinion is very important for me

freakmoomin

in my country this elf was for a tv serie, the time of production for each episode was around two days ,each episode is 4 minutes long, and I was the animator

thanks

frantejo
08-11-2005, 03:21 AM
nice work, good animation,congratulations

FOX3D
08-11-2005, 04:32 PM
thanks man!!

I hope to put more animations here!

FOX3D
08-13-2005, 02:17 AM
if the first link is not running.

http://dl3.rapidshare.de/files/3653562/13982662/reel-fox3d.mpg (http://dl3.rapidshare.de/files/3653562/13982662/reel-fox3d.mpg)

http://www.sendmefile.com/00033833

CGTalk Moderation
08-13-2005, 02:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.