PDA

View Full Version : Low poly sniper for game

m0nicle
08-05-2005, 07:30 PM
I couldnt get a true render for some reason maya crashes when I put a light in the scene so heres what I was able to get. Let me know what you guys think.
http://repo.jackmoves.com/albums/album239/sniper_hirez.jpg

living_the_dream
08-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Off to a good start m0nicle, but there's a couple of areas that could use some work. I would make the arms a lot wider than they are right now for starters. The other thing I'd work on is the color palette of the texture. There's not a whole lot of value and saturation difference. Right now it's all relatively low in both those areas, adding some more contrast both those areas if only in a few areas on the texture will help the visual appeal.
Keep up the good work!

heavyness
08-05-2005, 09:35 PM
good start, but way to skinny. if she is a sniper, that would mean she would be a bit more muscular [to carry and hold the gun still] and probable has a military background. i would add some meat to those bones [mainly the waist]. and looks like she has a pretty long neck, might want to shorten it.

ArchangelTalon
08-05-2005, 10:42 PM
I think the waist is far too thin and I'd widen out the shoulders just a tad, unless you're going for a stylised character (and I'm judging by the textures that you're not going for an over-the-top cartoon style).

The ideal female proportions is that the waist should be around 1 head height across and the shoulders around 2 head heights across. Where just now it looks about 2/3rds and 4/3rds, respectively.

Other than that, it looks a decent start, nice work :)

m0nicle
08-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the crits guys. let me see what I can do and Ill post an update

Robert-Fletcher
08-06-2005, 10:01 PM
I really like the textures on the armor but i think that the latex / rubbery stuff could do with a little more work, maybe more detail like creases and seams. the brow of the helmet also looks a bit odd, it seems to be caving in slightly. Dont take this the wrong way tho theres some lovely detail especially on the shin guards n feet. it'll look great with a good spec map me thinks. I'm note sure about the high saturation blue either, wouldn't a sniper want to be camoflaged.

Hope this helps :) look forward 2 updates

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2005, 10:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.