PDA

View Full Version : My first real time character

Vectorius
08-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Hello everybody!:scream:
It's my first real time character mod and my first post on game art forum too...:) It's a personal work in order to get a job in an video game company..so i hope it's a good beginning..

Advices and critics are very very welcome...

Saramago
08-05-2005, 10:42 AM
This looks like it is based on the Joan of Arc tutorial. It is a great tut for character modelling but comes in very high poly. Maybe you could use it as a normal map mesh once it is all done

Vectorius
08-05-2005, 11:15 AM
I've forgot to say that My goal it's 5000 tri for character and clothes...i'm around 3800 tri now...

I start this work after look at this forum , see some personal site about real time character and talk with some friend who are working in game industri...and i saw that for next gen polycount is around 6000 tri... so is my character realy highpoly??..maybe i could clean up it a bit...??

thanks saramago for reply:)

Saramago
08-05-2005, 11:32 AM
3800 is not bad but you will struggle to meet that budget once you get going with hair and clothes. That said you could give yourself more polys if you are thinking next gen as I think Alex (HL2) is about 8000

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2005, 11:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.