PDA

View Full Version : WHAT THE F... is this BUG??????????????? OMG!

bugo
08-05-2005, 08:31 AM
Im really pissed off, why does in this world the things happen with me?

Ok, let me show you guys the bug:

- I made a character, then I referenced this one in another file, saved the file and the reference with some animation inside it, and OMFG!@&(*Ļ*&@Ļ#*@

Look what it done to me!!!
Please help me with this!

bugo
08-05-2005, 02:39 PM
please, if anyone wants to help me I will send the .mb file on MSN (bugoba@hotmail.com)
thx!

Lomax
08-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Something similar happened to me. I had some keys set in the main file, and it was fine when it was first referenced, but the next time I opened the pose file, it was messed up.
I went back into the main file, deleted the keys, then the reference worked just fine.

bugo
08-05-2005, 04:00 PM
thats the problem, the main and the refernced file is giving me the same problem!

anthonymcgrath
08-05-2005, 04:02 PM
I've never used a referenced scene yet - find them bloody useless

cavetroll
08-05-2005, 05:56 PM
I experienced that if you have characterSets in your scene and you still work on your rigging, the character set attributes may have "some" values when re-opening your scene (donīt ask me exactly, maybe when you did some test animation...?).
this can screw up your whole t-pose. to solve it, for me it always worked to directly select the sets and to make sure that all attributes have their initial (0,0,0) value.
this can even happen when you do not reference your scene but the next time you open it.when you are working with references it is not wise to have keys in the baseScene because they will be locked when you reference the scene in.

hope that helps, tom.

modi
08-05-2005, 06:12 PM
its that foster parent node!!
When u delete a constraint, unload a reference which has constraints on it in the scene, it FUBARS!!!
theres ways of handling this, but lemme know if u added any constraints after referencing.

bugo
08-06-2005, 12:24 AM
constraints? hmm, I did a referenced and deleted it before this one. The character have like 48 constraints on his setup.

bugo
08-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Its doing right when I just export the clip of this character, del the reference and put another one with the same name into, the imported animation goes ok, but when I save the reference again, give another 10.000 errors...

Hmm... I think I will use just the import utility. :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2005, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.