PDA

View Full Version : Looking for images to model from

nemesis_256
08-05-2005, 01:15 AM
I've looked through the blueprint thread but I didn't find what I was looking for. I want to model a creature type head (sorta like Alex Alvarez does in his Zbrush video). Problem is I suck at drawing so I can't make my own images. I just want some good front and side views of fantasy/creature heads to model in Maya then bring in Zbrush to add insane detail. Does anyone have a site like this? Or if anyone would be willing to give me some images they have drawn, that would be great! This isn't anything commercial, it's just for myself and to add to my portfolio.

polygun
08-07-2005, 07:07 AM
Maybe toy around with concepts at feng's site? I dont know. You wont get any help here in this department really....we're all 3d guys who are always looking for concepts.

nemesis_256
08-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Although he has good concept art images, they're not that good for modeling from and not really what I'm looking for either...

polygun
08-08-2005, 06:12 PM
How are they not good to model from? Ive seen countless models here on CGTalk over the years which use Fengs concept art as reference

In any case, try here:
http://www.conceptart.org/

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2005, 06:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.