PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a 3d model of a chinese food takeout carton

damyorga
08-04-2005, 09:35 PM
anyone have a 3d model of a chinese food takeout carton?

.3ds , .obj or .c4d would be great.
thanks

cookepuss
08-04-2005, 09:49 PM
No offense intended, but why not create it yourself? That's such an insanely easy object to model.

damyorga
08-04-2005, 10:01 PM
No offense taken. Just wanted to know if anyone's come across one (figured someone's modeled this already). I'm new to modeling, so not so easy for me. But will give it a shot.

tonare
08-04-2005, 10:04 PM
You can do it bud, just make it out of a plain cube/edit it and then go into points mode for the main box and tweak the angles for the carton, and then use the edge tool to extrude the top lids.:)
Might need some tweaking for the folds on the lid, but you can do it.

cookepuss
08-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Here's a quick 5 minute job. I might've accidentally deleted a poly or two somewhere, but I'm sure that you can fix that. :)

http://www.robertsanta.com/chinesefood.jpg (http://www.robertsanta.com/chinese_food_box.zip)

damyorga
08-05-2005, 02:28 AM
whoa!! very nice for a five minute job. Thanks.

I will analyze yours and build one for myself, though it will probably take me a couple of days and look not even one half as good.

thanks again...

cookepuss
08-05-2005, 02:36 AM
Creating it was simple.

I first drew a linear spline that more or less looked like a square with some overlapping flaps. I then used the ExtrudeNURBS generator to create a box, without caps. I converted that to a poly mesh and created a poly to fill the hole in the bottom. After that, I used the ClothNURBS generator to add thickness to the box. I converted that over to a poly mesh and poly extruded out the top flaps. The handle is a simple circle being railed along a path.

Not too hard to create once you have a plan. I could've done it from a totally poly workflow, but this seemed to be the quickest way for me.

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2005, 02:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.