PDA

View Full Version : LW 9 upgrade pricing


GCL
08-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Hello all,

Like others, I am ready to upgrade to LW 9 from my LW 8.3. So far, I've found Sharbor offering a *good* deal on the bundle (LW8upg/Vue/Dosch).
First, are there any other vendors offering a same value or better besides Newtek's MSRP ?

If I choose the LW8 package at Sharbor for $359, (please clarify for me) I obviously wont re-install LW8 but use the serial number given for it to get LW 9 (when released) ?

I just can't see paying $369 for the LW9 (only w/Vue) upgrade and no Dosch CD.
Any comments ?

zuzzabuzz
08-04-2005, 10:34 PM
I'm also curious how long I can hold off on this (Q4 of 2005?) before I jump on it. Getting Vue5 will be cool but I need to save up the money (and there's another app I wanna upgrade as well) So, to be able to know how long I have will help me strategize.

GCL
08-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Guess what you guys. I'm waiting for a reply from Sharbor at this time. However, when I went to check their web site, they INCREASED the price to $419 !!!

They should at least advised me as requested by for more information.
Still looking into it.

Sequent
08-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Isn't that $419 price for an upgrade to 8 then you get 9 when it comes out (apparently). But if you already have 8, then wouldn't you be getting the upgrade to 9 and not to 8?

Upgrade to 9 from 8 and Vue with PDF manuals is $369. But not Dosch.

The Dosch cd separately btw is $84.99.

Sequent
08-04-2005, 10:55 PM
If you REALLY are hoping to get Vue then double check the cutoff date. It is possible that it maybe be end of August.

GCL if you talk to SHarbor could you ask them about that?

I'm also curious how long I can hold off on this (Q4 of 2005?) before I jump on it. Getting Vue5 will be cool but I need to save up the money (and there's another app I wanna upgrade as well) So, to be able to know how long I have will help me strategize.

GCL
08-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Isn't that $419 price for an upgrade to 8 then you get 9 when it comes out (apparently). But if you already have 8, then wouldn't you be getting the upgrade to 9 and not to 8?

Upgrade to 9 from 8 and Vue with PDF manuals is $369. But not Dosch.

The Dosch cd separately btw is $84.99.

The intent here was to purchase the LW8 package @ $359 (vue/Dosch) and USE the serial number to get the LW 9 when out.

If you REALLY are hoping to get Vue then double check the cutoff date. It is possible that it maybe be end of August.

GCL if you talk to SHarbor could you ask them about that?

The cut off date from them (finding out as we speak-if they return a message) should be the end of August. They have it for the LW8 but the LW9 (only) is not specific except to buy it now.
By the way, they state a credit card is not charge until item released but if Vue is sent out to user, there got to be some compensation.
Still researching.

GCL
08-05-2005, 06:45 PM
I did get a response from Sharbor (not the 2 email I sent and no responses). As you might have read messages on Newtek's forum about this matter, I sent a message to Tiffani. She's the one that baited us to go there (Sharbor) and get the free Dosch CD plus a good deal to boot.
Her explanation is it's chaotic at this time and Newtek is changing prices on them and that I should have placed an order before the change. I explained I needed an answer (simple one on upgrade) and place an order. They will honor all that ordered before the price change. She doesn't know why my email(s) were not answered (still waiting).
She said call next time and get quick service. But it's too bad it happened and take advantage of sale before it's gone.
I figured that she would have taken my email request as an order BEFORE the fact of the pricing change. This kind of practice (especially when it was stated in black and white that the special was good until AUGUST 31, 05) makes me want to look elsewhere (even if it means more $$$).
Still looking for that answer from Newtek. As other users have stated before, it's best to call them (Newtek) because the email message take a while (if ever).

richcz3
08-05-2005, 07:35 PM
The intent here was to purchase the LW8 package @ $359 (vue/Dosch) and USE the serial number to get the LW 9 when out..
I am going to guess that your planned upgrade path threw a monkey wrench into NT's site sales which in turn effects Safe Harbors planning. Once NT became aware of the pricing scenario you noted, they may have reworked the pricing with SH.

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2005, 07:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.