PDA

View Full Version : set up image planes + getting started in 3d max

lll
08-04-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey ppl,

What is the best way to set up image planes in 3d max? Can anyone give me a step by step description or link me to a tutorial explaining how to do this? Also explain step by step of how to put a image or reference into a image plane? I want a side and front view.

Iím having trouble getting started, what I want to do is make a human figure (man). I am doing thus.

I am creating a 8 sided cylinder and lining it up to the leg then I am going to convert to/convert to an editing polly. Then i go to the vertex button and click it. Instead of giving me 3 vertex points I get 8 pints. All I want is 3 because that what this tutorial was telling me to use. Em i doing something wrong or can anyone help me out?

Also a friend of mine helped me put in the image planes thats why im asking I dont know how to put them in for the next time. Are they right?

Thanks,
Rusty

scorpion007
08-13-2005, 04:49 AM
well, you can either create them yourself using a single poly and mapping the texture onto it, or you can use the many scripts people have made (myself included) to do it for you.

Here's mine:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=197615&highlight=image+plane+creator

CGTalk Moderation
08-13-2005, 04:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.