PDA

View Full Version : does anyone use tablet pc for modelling, texturing?

kursad_pileksuz
08-04-2005, 09:09 PM
I am wondering if anyone uses tablet pc for 3d modelling? Which model do you use, does it have pressure sensitivity?

Stewart08
08-04-2005, 09:52 PM
I'm almost positive you can use a tablet with Zbrush. Never really tried but have seen it done on t.v. I'll give it a try and let you know. You might want to search on other programs.

Simon
08-04-2005, 11:03 PM
I use lightwave on mine. its very cool. :D

Painting in photoshop is a dream.

Simon

EDIT: I have a tablet pc that uses wacom technology. Do you mean a drawing tablet or a tablet pc?

kursad_pileksuz
08-05-2005, 12:06 AM
i meant tablet pc, i have intous3 and i use it for everything, but i was wondering about tablet pcs. how is the presicion and pressure sensitivity of tablet stylus pen?

I use lightwave on mine. its very cool. :D

Painting in photoshop is a dream.

Simon

EDIT: I have a tablet pc that uses wacom technology. Do you mean a drawing tablet or a tablet pc?

Simon
08-05-2005, 12:12 AM
I have a acer 302xmi.

Its bascily got the power of a laptop, but the tablet pc screen and features. 7 hours battery.

the wacom technology in it, is bascily like a cut down wacom. Its pressure sensitivity is only 256 or 512, I forget and you have to re align it occasionally, but other than that its very accurate. Its great technology, and I'm supprised noone has them for 2d painting or even low poly 3d work.

I use mine to take notes when studying as a digital notepad its very useful, to paint, to sketches, to make 3d game models, and to do my accounts.

Simon

kursad_pileksuz
08-05-2005, 12:47 AM
hmm, sounds pretty good. better to have a tablet pc than a laptop in that case, also 512 pressure level is sweet.

el-vio
08-05-2005, 04:07 AM
Wacom 2, A5, using it for all, modeling, animating, drawing, painting and also opening divx :)

bakbek
08-05-2005, 09:19 AM
Hi... I use keyboard shoutcuts when modeling all the time... How is this in a tablet pc - do we still have access to some keys for shortcus (more the just SHIFT, CTRL & ALT) ???

Simon
08-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Hi... I use keyboard shoutcuts when modeling all the time... How is this in a tablet pc - do we still have access to some keys for shortcus (more the just SHIFT, CTRL & ALT) ???

Most tablets have keyboards attached, or they have them as clip ons. I fold mine like a usual laptop, when modeling, so I have access to the keyboard. But in programs built for tablets its easier, eg photoshop and alias sketchbook pro.

http://www.laptopshop.co.uk/images_big/acerc300.jpg

aaraaf
08-05-2005, 08:28 PM
I'm looking at getting into this as well...

Playing around with Sketchbook Pro on one, it was really intuitive, and even though there's less pressure sensitivity on the tablet PC, you might not notice.... there's something REALLY different about the pen actually in contact with the line... it seems more responsive in a lot of ways to the pressure you're drawing with.

It seems like a custom toolbar for the odd things you do is the way to go if you're not going to have the keyboard open... in tablet mode. Although, moving around seems much quicker than with a mouse. Not system speed wise, but your body responding to something in front of you.

For reference, I use an Intuos 3 at work for everything, and a Graphire 3 at home for everything... I'd get rid of my regular mice if other people never touched my computer.

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2005, 08:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.