PDA

View Full Version : Mental Ray forum

Goon
08-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Three major applications have MR built in. The shaders and settings are basically universal. Would it be possible to migrate everything into on single forum, so that everything could be as cross platform as possible?

Also, a central MR shaders upload section would be awesome. Some people like Ctrl_Studio don't host the shaders and instead rely on a temporary upload site, so it would be very convenient have a central resource.

JDex
08-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Goon... edit and add a poll.

Catzzzpaws
08-05-2005, 07:46 AM
I would really, really appreciate to find a discussion board concerning mental ray here.

The upload section would not be bad either - but providing ressources doesn't seem to be the actual concept of cgtalk/cgsociety.

Highend3d handles this job quite right, I think.

Marcus

Goon
08-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Hmmm...tried to edit and add a poll

no luck, the option isn't there.

The reason I would like a central resource is because many shaders are cross platform, and while highend3d certainly fullfills this role, atm its divided between the different software, and I personally don't like highend, its slow, and I can never get the search function to work well.

Jozvex
08-06-2005, 09:23 AM
I think it's a great idea too, though a lot of peoples' issues come from the integration of the renderer into their app rather than Mental Ray itself.

But I still vote to have it!

-Vormav-
08-08-2005, 02:33 AM
I certainly wouldn't mind one, though Jozvex does make a good point.
Also, a central MR shaders upload section would be awesome. Some people like Ctrl_Studio don't host the shaders and instead rely on a temporary upload site, so it would be very convenient have a central resource.
That would definitely be nice...:) The only place I have right now to post any shaders is in threads via attachments, which quickly get buried.

Mr-BlueSummers
08-09-2005, 12:06 AM
Got my vote, I'd like a mr forum if CGS made one.

MrPositive
09-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Most definitely for a MR forum...especially since it covers so many applications now. I'd also like to throw a vote for Vray as well.

CGTalk Moderation
09-04-2005, 08:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.