PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway to control the flow of an animation?

frontjibi
08-04-2005, 01:35 PM
You know like the speed of an animation through out the animation? And is it possible to have a different frame rate from lets say 1 to 10, it is going faster but from 10 to 20 it is running slower?

I wanted to ask you something else too.

In lightwave, you are animating and moving around the camara and light from frames to more frames. Basically camara is moving around. What I want to know is, how to get a movie type of effect? Like you are looking from the camara and not the perspective mode?

last one.

Does it really matter what the design looks in un sub-patched mode? I have this head modeled. I worked on it in subpatched mode. IT looks great except when I TAB(un-patched) I can see couple poloys missing and the shapes are weird. Doesn't really look like a head. But the sub-patch mode looks nice and all.
Should I worry about it or leave it?

IC12
08-04-2005, 01:43 PM
To slow down sections of an animation, you make the action take place over more frames. Animation is all about timing and there is a huge amount to read on the subject.

Don't really understand what you mean about the camera/perspective thing. The render is viewed from the camera.
You can look through the camera before rendering if that's what you mean. Just select Camera View in the top left box.

And no, it only matters how a subpatched object looks when you subpatch it. You can freeze it and it will look the same either way.

jabbermike
08-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Does it really matter what the design looks in un sub-patched mode? I have this head modeled. I worked on it in subpatched mode. IT looks great except when I TAB(un-patched) I can see couple poloys missing and the shapes are weird. Doesn't really look like a head. But the sub-patch mode looks nice and all.
Should I worry about it or leave it?

For me itīs a yes and a no.

Yes if youīre modeling somthing that will be animated with bones. Because what you move are the points of the mesh. If the points are all over the place the bendings and distortion of the mesh wonīt be predictable. Thatīs why I try to keep the poly mesh look a close as posible similar the SD mesh. I bet you have already noticed that moving points around in polygon mode often does not change the SD mesh. That means that there are several ways to have the point order to get similar SD model.

If the mesh is organic but not going to be animated with bones or displacements, what the heck, Leave it the way it is :)

mike

frontjibi
08-04-2005, 03:16 PM
For camara animation. I was talking about like seeing from inside of the camara. you know like you are watching tv. Lets say you have a character walking. And it is completed. You edited everything. Now for the final part where you actually see the person walking from a camara view. How do you do that?

Activator
08-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Parent a second camera to move with the head of the character.

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2005, 03:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.