PDA

View Full Version : Sun tutorial ?!?

Sadistiko
10-30-2002, 02:53 PM
Can anybody give some link to good tutorial for sun modelin' & texturin' in games.
I want some glow around sun.
Thanx

Titan
10-31-2002, 08:43 AM
from my experience...try using a textured plane or several planes set in front of each other and spaced apart all textured with lens flares and a lens flare opacity map...make sure that they always face the camera

align the lens flares to move opposite the camera in relation to each other...so the lens flares will appear to move correctly opposite the direction the camera is moving when the sun is in the cameras fov.

the sun itself can be painted into your sky dome texture.

or alternately it can be a distant plane that has a nice sun like glow and opacity map textured to it....that way you can control it seperately from the sky....
good luck
are you programming this?

Sadistiko
11-04-2002, 12:35 PM
Thanx for advice,
I also think about one ring around tha sun model but this game will be full 3D and if you zoom your camera to the sun it wouldn't look so good.
I'm thinking to implement some fire efect with voxels, but our programer hasn't know (yet) how to implement some fire or smoke efects like in any new game.
If someone have link for something with voxels we will be very happy.

And, I'm not programer, I work on 3D models, textures and sound

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.