PDA

View Full Version : Adding Veins and sinues?

stevecullum
08-04-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm wanting to add some veins and sinues to the model, but not sure of the most effective and efficient way. Should I try using displacement maps or bump maps or model the extra details right in to the geometry?

Cheers for any help!

tibes
08-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Depends on how close to the model you're going to get. Veins can be modelled just fine with bump maps so long as you don't get too close. Veins also cause skin discolouration, so add that to the colour map to sell the illusion. Otherwise, yeah you can model them, but that's pretty tedious (particularly in Lightwave, with no N-gons), or use Z-Brush and displacement. Also Silo 2 looks like it's going to be perfect for this sort of thing. Check the siggraph release if you haven't seen it yet.

whereisanykey
08-04-2005, 07:13 PM
How about draw for curvtopolys and then use line thickness.

stevecullum
08-04-2005, 07:34 PM
This like an sounds interesting idea. Do you mean laydown splines over the model and use line thickness in Layout? Won't the shading/texturing be flat though?

whereisanykey
08-04-2005, 08:12 PM
I'm guessing that's probably true. I guess it depends on how big you want them to be. I guess the rope editor plugin could do the job. Depending on how much that could be much work.

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2005, 08:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.