PDA

View Full Version : how to deactivate the "E" button in surface editor?

vincent1
08-04-2005, 04:23 AM
how do i deactivate the "E" button in the surface editor? I clicked it once and now I can't deactivate it. Arggh!

vonbon
08-04-2005, 04:33 AM
hold shift

tibes
08-04-2005, 07:51 AM
and click :)

dines
08-04-2005, 07:54 AM
... again on the E Button...:thumbsup:

IC12
08-04-2005, 09:49 AM
...or check out my reply on your other (identical) thread.

sooon
08-05-2005, 09:53 AM
hmm...

those were the days i had the same problem. isn't that newtek should check out this forum and improve on even such simple thing??

this is very frustrating if you cannot get solve it. jsut hope newtek will do something about this and don't have the same problem for any new features to come.

tibes
08-05-2005, 10:15 AM
I guess the problem with making it easier to "switch off the E", is that if you've actually animated a bunch of stuff on that channel, you don't want to be able to easily/accidently click it, and loose your animation. In that sense the Shift-Click is a good idea.

lightwolf
08-05-2005, 10:25 AM
I think it is a very good idea as well... The only thing that could imho be improved would be a rmb pop-up menu on the [E] that allows for direct access to a couple of options, like remove envelope, add channel modifer, add to graph editor, etc...

Once you get used to it the current set-up allows for a very quick way of working and is even fairly concise within the UI (i.e. [T] works the same way).

Cheers,
Mike

PetterSundnes
08-05-2005, 01:39 PM
I think it should be a regular toggle button, but it keeps the settings when turned on again. If you want a fresh new one, there should be a reset/delete button inside of the actual envelope menu panel, like you mentioned lightwolf.

lightwolf
08-05-2005, 01:46 PM
I think it should be a regular toggle button, but it keeps the settings when turned on again. If you want a fresh new one, there should be a reset/delete button inside of the actual envelope menu panel, like you mentioned lightwolf.
How would you toggle it? Currently you click it and it opens the graph editor, which is extremely useful.
In that case I'd rather have a wayx to temporarily disable it, which makes it clear what is happening (i.e. in the rmb menu).

Cheers,
Mike

PetterSundnes
08-05-2005, 03:54 PM
A glitch in my brain algorithm i guess :)

dines
08-05-2005, 03:55 PM
i like the idea about the rmb... and the pop up menu ... sounds handy...
acording the the shift+click+ E ... in my first beginning it was a pain in the a### the solve this problem and to find the way ... but it made me look closer to the manual... so it was basicaly not to bad... I spend some time with that to learn the interface... :)
I think this is the most famoust hint for every lightwaver... they can't just leave this... this is the secret password...
you want to come in join the party... tell me how to uncheck that button... :)
ohhh it's a lightwaver ... come in..
Sorry, just playing and I can... because I search for some hours myself...:rolleyes:

but realy the rmb thing could be a great enhancement....

lightwolf
08-05-2005, 03:59 PM
A glitch in my brain algorithm i guess :)
Lol... happens all the time... at least to me ;)

Cheers,
Mike

lightwolf
08-05-2005, 04:02 PM
... but it made me look closer to the manual... so it was basicaly not to bad... I spend some time with that to learn the interface... :)
If we weren't so polite we'd probably tell everybody who asks this question to RTFM (or RTFPDF/RTFHTML) ;)

Then again, reading the manual is always a good idea...I actually force my interns to do so. Since read them as well, if they ask me a question that is covered in the manual I just tell them to look it up... I can be such a bastard sometimes :argh: ;)

Cheers,
Mike

dines
08-05-2005, 04:14 PM
If we weren't so polite we'd probably tell everybody who asks this question to RTFM (or RTFPDF/RTFHTML) ;)

what is rtfm or rtfpdf/refhtml ... oh you got me on this now I am the one who asked... or what did you mean...

Then again, reading the manual is always a good idea...I actually force my interns to do so. Since read them as well, if they ask me a question that is covered in the manual I just tell them to look it up... I can be such a bastard sometimes :argh: ;)

Exactly and I bet they hate you for that at first sight... but then they will to it to their interns the same way...

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2005, 04:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.